+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Corey Webster

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Do you think this is his last year with the team?
    Yeah, it sure looks like it,

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    We've NEVER stopped Brees.
    We did a few years ago. Actually sacked him a couple times too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    What was the final score?

Eli: "You actually caught a pass!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    One sack in the last two games versus Brees. Two if you're including the post-Katrina game in 2006.

2011: W - 49-24 - 363yds / 4 pass TD / 1 rush TD / 1 INT / 1 sack
    2009: W - 48-27 - 369yds / 4 pass TD / 0 sacks
    2006: W-30-7 - 132yds / 1 TD / 1 sack

These Giants have never beaten him.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 12-08-2012 at 07:36 AM.

First off, Webster is not getting paid #1 corner money. Maybe a few years ago, but the corner market has shifted dramatically where the #1 corner gets 8-11mil. Typical starters are getting on average 6 mil.

So if you axe Webster now, you can perceivably end up playing more or close to what you currently play Webster for a mid-tier veteran who would have to be acclimated to the team. OR start a drafted rookie, where CB is the hardest defensive position to transition to from the collegiate level.

And the Giants won with Sam Madison and RW McQuarters playing snaps. 30 is not a death sentance.
    Last edited by penguinfarmer; 12-08-2012 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    First off, Webster is not getting paid #1 corner money. Maybe a few years ago, but the corner market has shifted dramatically where the #1 corner gets 8-11mil. Typical starters are getting on average 6 mil.So if you axe Webster now, you can perceivably end up playing more or close to what you currently play Webster for a veteran who would have to be acclimated to the team. OR start a drafted rookie, where CB is the hardest defensive position to transition to from the collegiate level.And the Giants won with Sam Madison and RW McQuarters playing snaps. 30 is not a death sentance.
    No it's not a death sentence, but knowing our cap issues, is he worth that 6-7 million? He's not only getting older, but he's battling two injuries right now.

Eli: "You actually caught a pass!"

Those aren't injuries I would hold against him for the rest of his career as if it were an ACL tear. And again, my point was replacing him for what is currently a contending team can either be just as, if not more expensive with a mid-tier veteran or compromising with a rookie.

And restructuring does nothing, but make the cap situation more difficult in the future [and subsequently making it harder to cut the player] as all you do is take the base salary and turn it into a guaranteed prorated salary in the future. I've only known two players to genuinely shed money, and that's Diehl and Bradshaw.

And I also believe Webster's issues are not physical as he's never been known as supremely fast or strong. His game has always been predicated on his ability to read and mirror a receiver for which he is doing a horrible job right now. He's displaying some horrible tendancies you just don't do in man coverage. I don't think a midseason rejuvenation ala 2007 is out of the question though.

For some reason, can't edit. I meant Jacobs, not Bradshaw above.

BUTTT when we had madison and RW, they were getting paid pennies plus Madison was indispensable on the sidelines helping the younger guys learn what to do. That is a lot more than it seems webster does

Really because Prince and even Hosley have been exhibiting the same poor tendancies this season. We don't know what Webster is or isn't teaching them as a corner who's played well in two SB runs.

+ Reply to Thread