+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Corey Webster

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I'm sure they can find someone else.
    It will depend on how our young players develop and who's available in the draft.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Really because Prince and even Hosley have been exhibiting the same poor tendancies this season. We don't know what Webster is or isn't teaching them as a corner who's played well in two SB runs.
    Thats exactly what puzzles me... Where Prince seems to be coming along nicely, it appears that Hosley's getting no info and teaching from anyone, least of all Webby. Maybe Holseys problems have to do with scheme? Dunno. We need to straighten this out in the Off season, can't let these WR's just run free every game.

Quote Originally Posted by bearbryant View Post
    Thats exactly what puzzles me... Where Prince seems to be coming along nicely, it appears that Hosley's getting no info and teaching from anyone, least of all Webby. Maybe Holseys problems have to do with scheme? Dunno. We need to straighten this out in the Off season, can't let these WR's just run free every game.
    Holsey will be a nickel corner at best in this league...he just do not have all the physical tools to play against this big bodied receivers in the NFL. I see Holsey making a career chasing around little guys like Ryan Broyles. Im sorry but its the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by bearbryant View Post
    Hosley ran off man and zone almost exlusively in his collegiate career. He's not going to clean up technique next year let alone this year. As I said, CB is probably the hardest defensive position to transition to from NCAA, especially when you're coming from a conference dominated by the spread. None of that is Webster's fault.

Hosley is making rookie mistakes [as well as just getting targeted by perfect throws on what was good coverage], same we can expect for another draftee to "simply replace" Webster. Saying it is to easy to just replace Webster is rather foolish given the premium on NFL CBs and how many teams are looking for any qualified corners at all. It's hardly the position to think we can just replace engine parts with and not expect to not lose any steam. And oh yeah, it's still December.

+ Reply to Thread