+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Giants' Will Hill Is Next Man Up As Injuries Mount At Safety

Giants' Will Hill Is Next Man Up As Injuries Mount At Safety

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...eady_to_t.html

Excerpt: "With safety Kenny Phillips (knee) listed as doubtful and fellow safety Tyler Sash (hamstring) ruled out for Sunday's game against the Saints, the role of third safety in the Giants’ three-safety package falls on Will Hill, the former All-State product out of St. Peter’s Prep in Jersey City.

“That means I’m up to bat,” the first-year safety said. “I’ve been prepared. I’ve just had vets above me, and I’ve had to sit back and wait my turn, but I’m always ready.”

Hill has played in three games since coming off a four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s policy on performance-enhancing drugs. In those three games, Hill only played 12 defensive snaps — all against Green Bay. Hill figures to play a bigger role on defense as the third safety against the Saints’ pass-first offense.

“He would be,” head coach Tom Coughlin said of Hill. “He’s practiced in both special teams and on defense, in multiple roles on defense. So if called upon I think he’d be ready to do that.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I don't know if we go 3-safety without KP in the fold to be honest...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    It seems they're practicing it without him and it does work so why not
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    It is more mentally demanding.Hill is a better option than Sash physically. That Sash played ahead of him last week means Hill is still learning the assignments in the more complicated schemes. I am sure he will get it in time but perhaps not in time for tomorrow's game. Expect a more straightforward scheme that takes advantage of what he does best. Wouldn't be surpised to see him on a few blitzes.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I like this fall back plan if KP cant go. Hill has done a good job of being the nickel corner, so sliding him into that 3rd S spot shouldnt be new to him at all. It should also give us better matchups with Jimmy Graham. I'd rather Hill cover him than any of our LB's

Who cares about Will Hill. Jacqiuen Williams is coming back so we can finally stop running that 3 safety B.S. We only run 3 saftey look because we never draft a solid linebacker...hopefully Jacqiuen Williams can become a solid linebacker for us.

When Fewell runs that 3 safety look its a slap in the face to the GM, for not drafting linebackers. Watching Antrel Rolle taking on blocks from a fullback was a nightmare. Instead of Tuck crying about RG3 giving him nightmares, it should of been Rolle having nightmares of Darrell Young.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    It is more mentally demanding.Hill is a better option than Sash physically. That Sash played ahead of him last week means Hill is still learning the assignments in the more complicated schemes. I am sure he will get it in time but perhaps not in time for tomorrow's game. Expect a more straightforward scheme that takes advantage of what he does best. Wouldn't be surpised to see him on a few blitzes.
    The key is having Kiwanuka on the line

# 80

All-Pro
    Hill is a very good athlete and will be a part of this teams future. It's just to bad he had to be suspended this year. By now he may have been playing a lot more. Honestly, I've been saying they need to get him on the field since the start of the season. Get your best athletes on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
    Who cares about Will Hill. Jacqiuen Williams is coming back so we can finally stop running that 3 safety B.S. We only run 3 saftey look because we never draft a solid linebacker...hopefully Jacqiuen Williams can become a solid linebacker for us.

When Fewell runs that 3 safety look its a slap in the face to the GM, for not drafting linebackers. Watching Antrel Rolle taking on blocks from a fullback was a nightmare. Instead of Tuck crying about RG3 giving him nightmares, it should of been Rolle having nightmares of Darrell Young.
    Can you make even one post without ripping the GM? Just asking...

I like it. Will Hill was one of the more intriguing players on the team, and one that I was always looking for on the field. Anyway, after the suspension, I thought that probably was gonna be it for Hill, but I'm glad to see he is getting his opportunity again.

+ Reply to Thread