+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tuck and Osi next year

Now before anyone starts saying Im tossing in this year or anything like that, im just askig about next year, I like thinking about new players blah blah so thats all this is

So its been mentioned before but would there be any chance we drop tuck and dont resign osi and put kiwi back on the line?

I think its fair to say Kiwi is best on the line and we have some other lb talent that would be well served getting more time.

I think its fair to say osi wont be back and while I doubt tuck will be cut- he hasnt played well and we have players that can seemingly fill in plus with all his praise for other players he might as well be a cheerleader for the other team.

Personally I would love this idea, I think it gets our current 2 best de on the field plus tracy and ojomo become bigger factors. Then hopefully we get some younger lb out there. Granted this wouldnt be some life changing thing and wouldnt make this defense all it can be but if anything it changes attitude, lets people like webster( who should be close to gone) know that no one is safe.

Once again im not trying to say we think about next year but I think this would be best overall for the TEAM

Osi may take a huge pay cut after this season. Tuck should be traded to the skins for a redskins tshirt and a box of georgetown cupcakes. Maybe food and a souvenir will raise jpps morale unlike Tuck.

if the cupcakes are good im down

I think Osi is playing his last year with the Giants. Tuck, it dpends on his contract and if they believe he can return to form. I'm concerned that Tuck has gone back to worrying about hurting his neck as he did for a time last season. If that's the case, he should retire or be released.

Tuck is also not a good defensive Captain IMO.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Why don't we see what they do the remainder of this year, before we determine their off-season fate?
    the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.

I agree Roanoke he is a good captain in the locker room, I can only imagine some of those speeches he has given come playoff time but I wish on the field he was more involved like that, not even playing but just getting everyone up and ready to go and pumped up

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Why don't we see what they do the remainder of this year, before we determine their off-season fate?
    Regardless of what happens at end of season you cannot neglect what they have done or not done thus far so it is very fair to consider the potential

All-Pro
    Osi is gone. Tuck has one more year on his contract. They might ask him to restructure or let him go. Who knows? They need to make cap space and get younger at the position.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    That's fair, but they would really need to play lights out for the rest of the season. How likely is that given their production this far?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Tuck is also not a good defensive Captain IMO.
    I agree with that. Rolle would probably be better. Tuck will probably remain captain until he leaves, though.