+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40
  1. #1

    BIG GAME - WILL FEWELL REVERT TO A COWARDLY DEFENSE

    Antonio Pierce was dead on in a recent statement:

    “I’ve played with a lot of great defensive coordinators and it was always ‘Attack, attack, attack!’ You swing first and ask questions later. You hit them and make them adjust. The Giants have got to get back to that. When you start losing your swagger, that’s when you start getting pushed around."

    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2ENpIoF3D


    I've called out Fewell numerous times for being a coward and playing prevent defense when the strength of the Giants is to attack. I don't mean the whole team blitz the QB, but get someone in the QB's face. Let the opposing offense know, our defense is in charge - make them adjust.

    We played timid and I'm afraid with this Fewell we will never be a dominant shut down defense we are capable of. Fewell makes cowards out of his players and I wonder if the recent comments by Tuck and Osi regarding RG3 is the feminization of players in the Fewell system.

  2. #2
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    10,046
    What? The defense plays a good game last week. If they play the same way this week they should win as long as they don't rely on field goals when in scoring position. Attack how? They don't have the DL everyone thought they would. That is what is hurting them the most.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    What? The defense plays a good game last week. If they play the same way this week they should win as long as they don't rely on field goals when in scoring position. Attack how? They don't have the DL everyone thought they would. That is what is hurting them the most.
    They basically gave up a scoring drive on virtually ever Redskins drive and was unable to stop them...they never made RG3 uncomfortable...he has his way all day

  4. #4
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Original Member since 04-04-04
    Posts
    9,141
    I thought the D was solid last week. If the offense scores a TD or 2 on those drives instead of FGs, we win and Fewell looks great because he held the hot skins O to less then 20.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue999 View Post
    Antonio Pierce was dead on in a recent statement:

    “I’ve played with a lot of great defensive coordinators and it was always ‘Attack, attack, attack!’ You swing first and ask questions later. You hit them and make them adjust. The Giants have got to get back to that. When you start losing your swagger, that’s when you start getting pushed around."

    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2ENpIoF3D


    I've called out Fewell numerous times for being a coward and playing prevent defense when the strength of the Giants is to attack. I don't mean the whole team blitz the QB, but get someone in the QB's face. Let the opposing offense know, our defense is in charge - make them adjust.

    We played timid and I'm afraid with this Fewell we will never be a dominant shut down defense we are capable of. Fewell makes cowards out of his players and I wonder if the recent comments by Tuck and Osi regarding RG3 is the feminization of players in the Fewell system.
    Well, we know that Fewell is not a coward but just clueless, just like Killdrive and the bystander HC of ours. Look we have problems on all sides of the ball including ST's. How often does the kickoff or punt returners give us good field position? We have not even sniffed the end zone on ST. Offensively, we cannot score form inside the 30 and defensively, we give up the big play and we cannot make stops when we need it. And so far no adjustments have been made whatsoever. We can blame it on execution as much as we want, the fact remains that ultimately, if the players do not execute, it is up to the coaching staff to do something and not to do the same things over and over and hope for better results. That can take you only so far.

  6. #6
    Stop counting points! Thats not the posters question. He's asking whether the Giant defensive philosophy is a winning model. I say no, it isn't. Fewell has become the second coming of sheridan and every other read and react DC in the league. When we had Spags, we were an attacking defense, we set the tone and made the offensive opponent react to us. Its a fair question and a valid point. Do you think punch or counter punch will be successful for these next four games? All I need to do is look at history. Defenses that attack first and put offenses back on their heels are winners. Oh and while Fewells doing that he can coach his players in shedding blocks.

  7. #7
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,836
    Quote Originally Posted by bearbryant View Post
    Stop counting points! Thats not the posters question. He's asking whether the Giant defensive philosophy is a winning model. I say no, it isn't. Fewell has become the second coming of sheridan and every other read and react DC in the league. When we had Spags, we were an attacking defense, we set the tone and made the offensive opponent react to us. Its a fair question and a valid point. Do you think punch or counter punch will be successful for these next four games? All I need to do is look at history. Defenses that attack first and put offenses back on their heels are winners. Oh and while Fewells doing that he can coach his players in shedding blocks.
    Overall I agree, I hate his style, this defense is built to attack and get after the qb. However the defense has been playing much better last two games

    Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

  8. #8
    Fewell believes, like we all did at the beginning of the season, that our defensive line would control the game and force QBs to make mistakes so his zone scheme secondary could cause turnovers.

    Instead, our defensive line cannot get to the QB at all, our LBs are mediocre, and our secondary doesn't have a shutdown or close to a shutdown guy on it.

    I blame Fewell for not adjusting, but not for his initial scheme which on paper should have worked.

  9. #9
    Veteran Rusty192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chad
    Posts
    3,890
    I miss 2011 playoffs Fewell. Thats the guy we won the SB with.

    I wonder what happend to him?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    I miss 2011 playoffs Fewell. Thats the guy we won the SB with.

    I wonder what happend to him?
    He had a dominant defensive line. I miss 2011 playoffs Osi, Tuck, and JPP too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts