+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cowboys "incident"

Cowboys "incident"

No idea what this could be, but....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ensive-lineup/

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    WFAA is reporting Cowboys DT Josh Brent is held in Irving Jail for allegation of intoxication manslaughter. I know Brent won't make trip
    Retweeted by Brian McIntyre

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    I can also confirm. Awful RT @Matt_Barrie: Can confirm, Josh Brent was driving car involved in a fatal accident that killed Jerry Brown Jr.

Jerry Brown Jr. is apparently a practice squad player for the Cowboys. Very terrible.

Some more info:

Josh Brent arrested after crash kills Cowboys player

• By Dan Hanzus
    • Around the League Writer
    • Published: Dec. 8, 2012 at 03:29 p.m.
    • Updated: Dec. 8, 2012 at 03:54 p.m.
    • Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent was arrested Saturday on an intoxication manslaughter charge connected to the death of Cowboys practice squad linebacker Jerry Brown Jr., Irving, Texas, police confirmed to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport.
    Irving police confirmed Brent is being processed on the charge, a second-degree felony punishable by two to 20 years of imprisonment and a fine of up to $10,000. Police said Brent is scheduled to be arraigned Sunday.

According to a report released by Irving police, Brent was behind the wheel of a speeding vehicle after 2 a.m., when it hit a curb, causing it to flip at least once before coming to rest in the middle of a service road. When officers arrived on the scene, Brent was responsive and able to speak. Brown, 25, was unresponsive and transferred to a local hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
    The Cowboys confirmed Brown's death as the team prepared for Sunday's matchup against the Cincinnati Bengals.
    Cowboys owner Jerry Jones released a statement of condolence:
    "We are deeply saddened by the news of this accident and the passing of Jerry Brown," the statement read. "At this time, our hearts and prayers and deepest sympathies are with the members of Jerry's family and all of those who knew him and loved him."
    Brent and Brown were college teammates at Illinois and were living together, a team source told Rapoport.
    Brent is in his third season with the Cowboys. A promising nose tackle, he had been in line to start for injured veteran Jay Ratliff on Sunday.
    Brown was signed to the Cowboys' practice squad on Oct. 24. He was previously on the Indianapolis Colts' practice squad before his Oct. 20 release.
    Follow Dan Hanzus on Twitter @danhanzus.

That's terrible

Unbelievable. Roger Goodell has to be harsher on DUIs...how much longer can this go on? Such an issue, especially when law enforcement wants to "cut them a break". Saw the video of Jovan Belcher being stopped at 3 am before the incident occurred, disgusting how three cops handled it.

The sad thing is this whole event could have been avoided by using the car service provided by the NFLPA or taking a cab.
    We Want 5!

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Unbelievable. Roger Goodell has to be harsher on DUIs...how much longer can this go on? Such an issue, especially when law enforcement wants to "cut them a break". Saw the video of Jovan Belcher being stopped at 3 am before the incident occurred, disgusting how three cops handled it.
    Agree. Fines and suspensions for all of them.

The Giants' handling of the David Diehl situation was disappointing.

Throw the book at that POS Brent! This ain't his 1st DUI offense either! He had the services of the NFL's "Get a ride if your too stinkin drunk to drive" program at his disposal & chose not to us it! There are no excuses in the world that his POS defense lawyer can come up with to get this maggot off with probation! It's just a shame he didn't bite it as well!

Sorry, I hate drunk drivers & can't stand Irresponsible drinkers in general! Never touched a drop of alcohol in my life cuz I never saw the big attraction to drinking as well as I'm a health nut & don't believe in putting a flammable liquid in my body, Don't smoke either. I have always lived my life by the "sound mind, clean, healthy body" mantra.

And anybody that would come to this POS defense here is an A-hole in my book as well!

I used to work in a jail setting and it is amazing how many drunk drivers there are out there no matter if they are aware of the possible consequences.

I am not going to lie and not say I have never driven drunk. In my early military days I did..and was very lucky not to have hurt either myself or someone else. But, I wised up after a scare where my buddy lost his license and driving privileges on base after running off a base road. We were lucky that was the only penalty.

I think people think they are either 1) invincible or 2) never think it will happen to them. It's a tragedy but the accountability and failing belongs to everyone...most of all to the player that lacked judgement and made the decision to get behind the wheel.

The guy has to live with the fact that he was responsible for the death of his friend, but that is of little consequence since a young man lost his life and his family lost a son, brother, father, etc. This is sad and should serve as a wake up.

And, as much as I hate the Cowboys this is something that transcends a simple game. I hate the Cowboys as a rival, but never wish to see something bad happen to any human being.
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 12-09-2012 at 12:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread