+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cowboys "incident"

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Sorry, niether player gets zero sympathy from me. They both knew they were ****faced drunk & decided to use a 2 ton vehicle as a weapon & it cost them! I'm just thankful it was only them 2 & not an innocent family that paid for their stupidity!

Yeah, he did kill someone on purpose! You get behind the wheel of a 2-4 ton vehicle in a drunken stooper, you have just turned it into a deadly weapon!

Really, stop with the BS excuses for these maggots that drink & drive! Just makes me think that some of you fall into that catagory as well.
    Let's just hope you don't do something stupid or have never done so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Let's just hope you don't do something stupid or have never done so.
    Nope, I haven't. Guess you fall in the catagory of drinking/driving since you seem to be defending the guy.

I never have had more than one drink and driven a car. Defending him and feeling bad for him are 2 different things. There is no excuse for what happened. He will go to jail, and deservedly so. But,I'm not going to apologize for having sympathy for someone who didn't mean to kill a good friend, but did.

Nope, I haven't. Guess you fall in the catagory of drinking/driving since you seem to be defending the guy.
    At what point did I defend the guy? As Believe said...there is a difference between sympathy and defense. It is inhuman to not sympathize with the tragedy that his life has befallen because of a stupid choice made by a young man.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    At what point did I defend the guy? As Believe said...there is a difference between sympathy and defense. It is inhuman to not sympathize with the tragedy that his life has befallen because of a stupid choice made by a young man.
    Self-inflicted.

Stupid choice or not, it's a choice he made on his own, and that choice lead to the death of his friend. I can't sympathize with him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Self-inflicted.

Stupid choice or not, it's a choice he made on his own, and that choice lead to the death of his friend. I can't sympathize with him at all.
    Thank you! Also to those of you sympathizing for the maggot, I wonder how much sympathy you would have for him if it was your family member or friend he took out.
    Last edited by Parademon; 12-11-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Jerry's Brown's mother has forgiven Brent and asked him to ride with her to the memorial service. She recognized that her son got into the car of his own free will, too.

Thank you! Also to those of you sympathizing for the maggot, I wonder how much sympathy you would have for him if it was your family member or friend he took out.

Or vice versa... what if it was your family member, or even child that was doing the driving?

People are people, and not many are inherently evil. Stupid? Definitely. But I agree with Rat on this one. Defending and sympathizing are two different things and it's just human nature to feel for another person, no matter how stupid or destructive their decisions are.

I understand everyone has their own stories and opinions that affect their ideals so I'm not saying you're wrong in the way you think. But I don't think you should write off someones opinion just because you don't agree with it... especially when someone explained exactly why they feel the way they do.

Banned
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...adly-crash.ece

The more that comes out about this story, the worse it seems to get.......Personally I think the league should ban Brent, especially considering he is a repeat offender

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...adly-crash.ece

The more that comes out about this story, the worse it seems to get.......Personally I think the league should ban Brent, especially considering he is a repeat offender
    They definitely should.

+ Reply to Thread