+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cowboys "incident"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    They definitely should.
    I was just about to ask you what your take on the situation was, do you think the Cowboys are going to let him play if he is able to?

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    I was just about to ask you what your take on the situation was, do you think the Cowboys are going to let him play if he is able to?
    I think he should be banned by the league. DUIs are nothing to play with, and in this case it has resulted in a death. In my opinion he has lost his privilege to play professional ball, and he honestly he should be in jail.

Banned
    I think he should be banned by the league. DUIs are nothing to play with, and in this case it has resulted in a death. In my opinion he has lost his privilege to play professional ball, and he honestly he should be in jail.
    Yeah, I could not believe that he was out on bail the day after this happened, absolutely sickening

I agree that Brent, as a repeat offender and someone who has committed manslaughter, should be immediately suspended from the league, not to mention he should be serving jail time for said manslaughter.

Although I've been labeled as a "sympathizer" with Brent, I agree that he shouldn't be allowed to play. Feeling badly for him doesn't mean I think he should go unpunished.

Quote Originally Posted by bELIeve_in_Giants View Post
    Although I've been labeled as a "sympathizer" with Brent, I agree that he shouldn't be allowed to play. Feeling badly for him doesn't mean I think he should go unpunished.
    This.

I do think he should be with the team right now though. His mental state can not be good right now. He did a terrible an idiotic thing but this was not a stranger he killed, it was his teammate since college and from what hear, a best friend.

Or vice versa... what if it was your family member, or even child that was doing the driving?

People are people, and not many are inherently evil. Stupid? Definitely. But I agree with Rat on this one. Defending and sympathizing are two different things and it's just human nature to feel for another person, no matter how stupid or destructive their decisions are.

I understand everyone has their own stories and opinions that affect their ideals so I'm not saying you're wrong in the way you think. But I don't think you should write off someones opinion just because you don't agree with it... especially when someone explained exactly why they feel the way they do.

Believe me buddy, this ol Jarhead don't feel sympathy for no drunk driver that gets behind the wheel & takes a life, be he or she my mother/father brother/sister/cousin best friend..whatever! You do the crime, you do the time! Same goes for people that are life long smokers/dippers/alcoholics & die of any sort of self inflicted cancer or drug related illness due to their filthy addiction! Sucks to be them!

That the Cowboys organization has yet to suspend this rat filth & is actually defending him tells me all I need to know about them as well. Also not disciplining Ratliff for mouthing off to & almost coming to blows with a senior citizen who is also the owner of the team makes the Cowboys organization even more of a joke to me.

No accountability or responsibility is required to be a Dallas Cowboy!

Very Sad, Condolences to the family of Jerry Brown Jr.

Josh Brent made a terrible mistake, this has ruined his life and his career.

You forgot to add "and took a life".

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn
    Source: Cowboys moving Josh Brent to non-football injury or illness list to clear roster spot; allowing him facility access and team support
    Retweeted by Adam Schefter

+ Reply to Thread