+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Doesn't It Seem Like BJ is trying to get cut to get back here for the stretch run????

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    You mean the Jacobs who has been in decline the last few years and did very little with the same O-line they have this year? The one that tip-toes to the line or tries to run outside instead of north and south? I think if Jacobs was here we would still be crushing the running game...I don't think he would make much of a difference.

New blood and letting go of the past is what we need, otherwise I say sign Otis Anderson.
    Jacobs decline was right in line with the decline in performance of our O line...

I wish we had him back, easily my favorite Giants running back since Rodney Hampton...scratch that, Sean Bennett was my favorite after Hampton. A white dude that can run you over, it's a shame injuries ended his career.

Anyone remember Sean Bennett? He was a beast in the pre-season, and really looked like he could shred the defense.

Jacobs is done.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotajoe View Post
    Jacobs is done.
    I doubt it, couldn't hurt us if we picked him up. He knows the playbook and well, the runningbacks we have aren't cutting it. We need a player like him to tire out the defensive line, open up holes like 50. caliber bullets through Taliban skulls. Defenses feared him, or would shy away from him when he got out into the open.

LOL read your name real quick, thought it said "DAT TOE"

Quote Originally Posted by DIPSET_ALL_DAY View Post
    I doubt it, couldn't hurt us if we picked him up. He knows the playbook and well, the runningbacks we have aren't cutting it. We need a player like him to tire out the defensive line, open up holes like 50. caliber bullets through Taliban skulls. Defenses feared him, or would shy away from him when he got out into the open.

LOL read your name real quick, thought it said "DAT TOE"
    He's also fresh

I'd bring him back just for the camaraderie and the fire he might engender in the locker room. This current group seems to lack a fire in their bellies that BJ had in spades
    "Release the Kraken!"

- Dan Dierdorf, Giants vs Dolphins, 10/30/2011

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    Jacobs decline was right in line with the decline in performance of our O line...
    This. Without Andre Brown, BJ is by far the best option we would have to add an RB if it were possible this year. Too bad it's not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    We beat the 49ers and now we are going to think about picking up BJ that cant make the roster no thanks.
    So you would rather have Torrain and Blumpkin?

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...criticize-him/

If he was cut, I can't imagine that we wouldn't pick him up and dump Torrain or Blumpkin . . . . . .
    I've learned never to underestimate Gilbride's ability to neglect healthy running backs.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    I wouldn't go that far, but I'd take him over the other two. But I still find it unlikely to swallow his pride and come back here.
    Jacobs would love to come back here.....he'll always be a NY Giant.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

+ Reply to Thread