+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

How long before the NFL catches up with Shannahan's gimmick(College) offense?

I have seen this before (i.e. Wildcat) and it doesn't last in the NFL. RGIII looks good but he will not last if he continues running a college type offense. NFL defenses will catch up and he will take a beaten. Perhaps he will succeed in a conventional NFL type offense, remains to be seen.

I don't know if I agree. Here's what my uneducated eyes saw and were blown away with last Monday night. The offensive play calls gave RGIII a ton of options that he could go with on each play. The success of the option depends on the QB to select the best option based on what the defense does.....RGIII almost 100% of the time picked the best option. He was very quick and correct with his decision making, and darn good at execution.

Quote Originally Posted by ebick View Post
    I don't know if I agree. Here's what my uneducated eyes saw and were blown away with last Monday night. The offensive play calls gave RGIII a ton of options that he could go with on each play. The success of the option depends on the QB to select the best option based on what the defense does.....RGIII almost 100% of the time picked the best option. He was very quick and correct with his decision making, and darn good at execution.
    I'm impressed but you fight it by plastering the QB no matter what the option is.

If he's reading the right DE to decide whether to run outside or handoff, get all Inception on them and use it to your advantage. Rush inside and have a disguised guy KNOW ahead of the snap that the DE will go inside and he will go outside. It's like Eli with the constant audibling before the snap, if you confuse them they will overthink it. It also means the team can't impose its will physically they have to play this gimmick carp.

the league caught up to Vick...it will do the same to RG3.......

I hope that atleast the Giants figure it out. Look at Cam Newton and Vick. 1 year after great seasons they were figured out and now make nominal impact. The jury is out on a conventional offense with Bob Gee leading it.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    I hope that atleast the Giants figure it out. Look at Cam Newton and Vick. 1 year after great seasons they were figured out and now make nominal impact. The jury is out on a conventional offense with Bob Gee leading it.
    Keep talking negative about Cam. He's gonna make a believer out of you.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    Keep talking negative about Cam. He's gonna make a believer out of you.
    You know what funny about this is, you are so quick to protect every other qb but when it comes to Eli you call him a goof ball, inconsistent etc,etc,etc...I mean come on man.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    You know what funny about this is, you are so quick to protect every other qb but when it comes to Eli you call him a goof ball, inconsistent etc,etc,etc...I mean come on man.
    I love Eli... I can call him names because he's MY QB and since I'm emotionally strapped to the Giants he gets the tough love treatment. If Cam was our QB I would probably call him every name in the book. I'm gonna miss Eli when he retires, trust!

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    Ever since we scaled back on the read option and started running a more NFL type offense Cam has actually improved. he has 13 Passing TD's and only 2 INT's since week 9 and 4 rushing TD's.

Quote Originally Posted by blueomaha View Post
    the league caught up to Vick...it will do the same to RG3.......
    Why do people keep comparing these two, they are not the same player. Griffin's rushing ability is a bonus, not a focal point.