+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How long before the NFL catches up with Shannahan's gimmick(College) offense?

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    Looks like the NFL caught up today.
    How many rushing yards did we have today? How many total yards? How many points? I'll tell ya:

178 rushing yards
    248 passing yards
    420 total yards
    We scored 31 points

I dont think anyone has caught up yet.

Also, the Redskins played like crap on offense today.

Quote Originally Posted by blueomaha View Post
    the league caught up to Vick...it will do the same to RG3.......
    Why do people keep comparing these two, they are not the same player. Griffin's rushing ability is a bonus, not a focal point.

I think the league is gonna have another chat wit hthe skins about their medical evaluation process.

Much like the concussion incedent earlier this year, the skins showed a complete lack of interest in player safety. When your star player comes hobbling off the field with an aparent leg injury you do not let his giving you a thumbs up and a high five determine whether or not he is healthy enough to return to the field. As we saw, he was clearly unable to even throw off his leg, and yet they docs felt he was ok to go? More like the docs let the player determine his own status rather than doing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I think the league is gonna have another chat wit hthe skins about their medical evaluation process.

Much like the concussion incedent earlier this year, the skins showed a complete lack of interest in player safety. When your star player comes hobbling off the field with an aparent leg injury you do not let his giving you a thumbs up and a high five determine whether or not he is healthy enough to return to the field. As we saw, he was clearly unable to even throw off his leg, and yet they docs felt he was ok to go? More like the docs let the player determine his own status rather than doing their job.
    I was in total disrepair when RG PEE went back out on the field with only 1 good leg!!!! At that point the refs should have charged the Foreskins with a TO, removed him from field of play until a real evaluation. Shanahan should be ashamed of himself for allowing Pee to go back onto the field. HE is the franchise. I was disgusted with the Foreskins allowing anything to happen with Pee other than getting him medical attention.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

I kinda feel bad for Griffin. I know he's a competitor and would be the first to go back on the field no matter what condition he was in, the fact that the skins organization let him and didn't seem to care about protecting their most important asset is telling... it's almost like they're going Super Bowl or Bust, this year...

tl;dr: Great player, terrible organization.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    I hope that atleast the Giants figure it out. Look at Cam Newton and Vick. 1 year after great seasons they were figured out and now make nominal impact. The jury is out on a conventional offense with Bob Gee leading it.
    Keep talking negative about Cam. He's gonna make a believer out of you.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    Keep talking negative about Cam. He's gonna make a believer out of you.
    You know what funny about this is, you are so quick to protect every other qb but when it comes to Eli you call him a goof ball, inconsistent etc,etc,etc...I mean come on man.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    You know what funny about this is, you are so quick to protect every other qb but when it comes to Eli you call him a goof ball, inconsistent etc,etc,etc...I mean come on man.
    I love Eli... I can call him names because he's MY QB and since I'm emotionally strapped to the Giants he gets the tough love treatment. If Cam was our QB I would probably call him every name in the book. I'm gonna miss Eli when he retires, trust!

Banned
    Although I truly have a love/hate relationship with Eli like I practically had with every Giants QB... I only poke fun at him on these boards because I know it bothers some of you guys lol.

Hall of Famer Steve Young knows NFL offenses. He knows running quarterbacks. And while he is enamored with Robert Griffin III, Young doesn't believe the Washington Redskins' style of offense this year is sustainable.

"It's a perfect bridge for getting to the other side," Young told Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times in reference to Washington's blend of zone running, read-option and pistol formation offense.

"If you're playing for 10 or 15 years, you can't every week run six option plays. It can be around. It can be a part of the game, but sooner or later you've got to deliver the ball from the pocket. That's the game. Now, if the game changes, and it's proven a championship can be won from the pistol spread, then I'm wrong. But until I'm proven wrong, it's definitely a great way to win some games, especially from the red zone. For young quarterbacks who are mobile, it keeps them on the field and being very productive."

More:

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap10000001070...fense-forever/

He's absolutely right. Eventually RG3 is going to have to become a true pocket passer. Not only is that type of offense not sustainable, but RG3 is going to get destroyed one game ala Sean Witherspoon this year and get knocked out for the season if this option stuff keeps going. The kid is not Cam's size where he can continue to take big hits. When that pistol spread option gimmick is not their base offense anymore RG3 becomes less effective. He is still going to be a good QB, but defenses will most likely have an easier time stopping him.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

+ Reply to Thread