+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Blue 22 Film Review: David Wilson In Pass Protection

http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/12/1...pass protection

Excerpt: "Today we're looking to take a look at how David Wilson did in pass protection Sunday against the New Orleans Saints. It's hard to know without knowing the play call Wilson's exact responsibility in protection, but you can usually have a pretty good idea. I just don't like to make definitive statements because I'm not in the huddle. With that being said, here's Wilson in pass protection on Sunday.
    Wi

Wlson Pass 1

Based on the pre-snap look, there are likely four or five pass rushers on this play with the most likely scenario being No. 50 on the Saints (circled in yellow) blitzing in between the center and guard, which is likely Wilson's responsibility if he comes through the line clean.

What is slightly different about this alignment is there are three down linemen and one standing up (right defensive end across from Diehl) like he is playing as a 3-4 rush linebacker.

Curtis Lofton
    (No. 50 circled in yellow) does not blitz and instead drops into coverage. There are four rushers on this play against five Giants' offensive linemen. Wilson scans the field and sees that the Giants have the numbers in pass protection.

The Saints run a stunt and Diehl gets beat. Wilson is going to release into the open field, he chooses not to chip against Diehl's man (was he suppose to?). Manning has pressure and is going to move out to his right." Read more...
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 12-12-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

lol your link got censored...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

He is learning, and when he gets it the sky's the limit. He's going to be special.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The filter is ridiculous.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 12-12-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I keep telling IT but they can't find the glitch. But I just fixed it and see what the problem was.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 12-12-2012 at 04:52 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    The filter is ridiculous.
    Not really. If we didn't have it we'd have to shut down. Some folks don't understand boundries

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Not really. If we didn't have it we'd have to shut down. Some folks don't understand boundries
    A filter that takes inoffensive words and makes them seem offensive is something out of a Jimmy Kimmel sketch.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

A filter that takes inoffensive words and makes them seem offensive is something out of a Jimmy Kimmel sketch.
    It's what we have to work with. When something like that happens let me know and I'll see if they can find out why.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It's what we have to work with. When something like that happens let me know and I'll see if they can find out why.
    I'm not going to bust on you, RF...I know you're just working with the tools you've got. You've got a better sense of humor than some others, I'll just leave it at that.

- Emlen Tunnell

I'm not going to bust on you, RF...I know you're just working with the tools you've got. You've got a better sense of humor than some others, I'll just leave it at that.
    If we didn't have it, we'd be banning members all day long, especially after a loss lol

# 80