+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: memo to the david wilson haters

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Ehh, we all new he was really good on KR's. the difference today being no flags on any kicks. His garbage time TD, while nice, doesn't have me calling him the savior by any means. We still need Bradshaw. Don't be misled by the all purpose yardage record. His time will come, but he is not ready to be the every down RB until they are positive he can make all the blocks and knows his assignments.
    Bradshaw plus Wilson could be a killer combo going forward. I am excited.

PS: Bradshaw missed a blocking assignment and when he realized it, the result was a holding penalty. Good players still make mistakes including AB, JPP, and Eli

The one disappointing thing was that they didn't get Wilson to block (at least not that I saw).

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    lets put thing into perspective the saints are a horrible defense and last in the lead, you would expect Wilson to have a big game.
    Yes lets put things into perspective.

This is the most all purpose yards ever by a Giant, an organization with a pretty strong history of all purpose players: Gifford, Meggett, Barber just to name a few.

All we hear about is Doug Martin and how close we were to getting him. I agree he is a damn fine player, but this Saints defense held him to 85 yards.

Why cant you let people be excited about a young talent without trying to poo all over it? Are you even a fan? Do you not get excited when young players do historical things?

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    The one disappointing thing was that they didn't get Wilson to block (at least not that I saw).
    I saw him blocking a bit...it's definitely not his strong point.

But defenses need to account for him now......that's going to open up everything else.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

I am happy for Wilson. Its not hate....people were going impatient. Its easier to grow impatient when Doug Martin and Alfred Morris is running for 1100yards. Hate is when you want the guy to fail....my case was being impatient. I hope he continues to do well and hopefully this is the one game that will give him confident. Also the Saints kick coverage is atrocious, Wilson was almost untouched every kick return running into the kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    lets put thing into perspective the saints are a horrible defense and last in the lead, you would expect Wilson to have a big game.
    You and skip bayless must be drinking buddies. Lol
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by Giantterp View Post
    I love these threads...Until this game, how could anyone love or "hate" him? He has not really played more than a few plays (other than pre-season). Let's givea few games before making any decisions on him.

I would love to see all of you Wilson "lovers" credentials as NFL scouts. Were you grading him during his practices?
    Personally, I thought he has been underused all season long today. First player in NFL history with 200 return yards and 100 yards rushing in a game. You're welcome
    Close or you hit the bricks

Veteran
    Dump him or we will begin to depend on him.

Quote Originally Posted by nycisgreat View Post
    Lmao, he sure is. The guy is fast.

I would like to know if he is as fast as McCoy.
    He's faster than McCoy. But McCoy is ridiculously shifty and elusive.

Don't get me wrong I think he is gonna be a real good back. But I am not on the bandwagon yet. 200+ return yards does not make him a good back. It makes him a real good returner, which we kind of already knew. Today the KR team finally didn't get flagged for holding. Aside from the big run at the end of the game, his day was pretty average for a RB. My one real concern is if they had to limit the offensive playbook because he was in the game. I look forward to seeing more of him sharing time with AB, but I do think AB is still the guy that this offense needs right now, even if he is not nearly as dangerous as Wilson is with the ball.

+ Reply to Thread