+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: memo to the david wilson haters

I'm sorry, but when people are calling someone a bust and wishing that you never came, that is called hating or doubting.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    I'm sorry, but when people are calling someone a bust and wishing that you never came, that is called hating or doubting.
    I'm trying to remember who actually legitimately thought Wilson was a bust. Most people I heard were complaining that TC wasn't using him properly, not anything about Wilson's play ability... I know tmurda was calling Wilson a bust, but that's more about his crusade against our God Manager than anything else...

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Go disappear like a fart in the wind. Dude is a beast!
    Definitely a nice dose of STFU for the haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Why would you put aside the big run? It was part of the game.

Its akin to the joke......What do an elephant and a canary have in common?

They both fly.....except the elephant.
    Please do not confuse the OP with the obvious.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    indeed. This is what happens when TC gives his rookies a chance for a change...
    Without out a doubt this notion is one of the silliest things on these boards.

Webster (played, horrid in rookie year)
    Kiwanuka
    Steve Smith (slot guy, got hurt, great slot guy for playoffs when healthy)
    Bradshaw
    Coefield
    Aarron Ross
    Kevin Boss
    Kenny Phillips (significant snaps in 08 as a rookie)
    Hakeem Nicks
    JPP
    J Williams
    Henry Hynoski

The list is probably bigger. Young players get playing time under Coughlin when they are ready...and surprise...they usually perform well. The exception being Matt Dodge and Greg Jones. One's a punter, and one was a 6th round pick. This notion he doesn't play rookies is so ridiculous, he plays them when the coaching staff feels their ready, they have to step up due to injury...or a combination of both. Our coaching staff develops young players quite well, and it's one of the reasons our drafts are so successful. I think at this point, any silly judgement anyone can make about this stuff has been beat to the ground by the giants success, and most importantly the success of our draft picks.

i dont remember who on this board was critical of Wilsons draft position but for me i was satisfied when the Giants said he was rated higher on their board than Martin was!

although Martin has so far had an excellent year running the ball but from what i saw from Wilson yesterday i am happy hes a Giants.

with his performance i think Wilson has the potential to be even better than Doug Martin and for that matter Trent Richardson

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I'm trying to remember who actually legitimately thought Wilson was a bust. Most people I heard were complaining that TC wasn't using him properly, not anything about Wilson's play ability... I know tmurda was calling Wilson a bust, but that's more about his crusade against our God Manager than anything else...
    The thing around here is that a ton of people around here don't give anyone a chance to shine before they pass judgement. My main issue is that you don't draft someone in the first round to ride pine. You don't bench someone for a long *** time because of an early season fumble. You give him his chance and you let him run with it. He is way too explosive to be sitting on the bench. Too bad someone had to get injured for the team to figure out how talented Wilson could be.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Why would you put aside the big run? It was part of the game.

Its akin to the joke......What do an elephant and a canary have in common?

They both fly.....except the elephant.
    because people are drooling over his performance and making crazy statements. Well until he broke one for 52 yards, he pretty much looked like any other back out there. Nothing special. But if you want to look at his 100yards rushing as a dominant break out performance for him as a RB. Well go ahead. I'm more concerned with his play after play production and development as a RB.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    because people are drooling over his performance and making crazy statements. Well until he broke one for 52 yards, he pretty much looked like any other back out there. Nothing special. But if you want to look at his 100yards rushing as a dominant break out performance for him as a RB. Well go ahead. I'm more concerned with his play after play production and development as a RB.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I get what you're saying. Wilson hasn't gotten the reps to really show that he's going to be a valid #1 every down back yet.

But you have to admit that last night gave you some optimism for the future

+ Reply to Thread