+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 164

Thread: memo to the david wilson haters

  1. #71
    What exactly is a "David Wilson hater"?

    I think majority of his critics just wanted to see some improvement as an every down back which he did display last night. Of all the running plays, the 6 yard TD in the redzone was most impressive.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

    1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

  2. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    What exactly is a "David Wilson hater"?

    I think majority of his critics just wanted to see some improvement as an every down back which he did display last night. Of all the running plays, the 6 yard TD in the redzone was most impressive.
    Fans think that everyone with some speed and quickness and think that that's all there is to the game. It was the same argument with Journagan and Scottlast year, Moss a few years ago. Every team in the NFL has someone fast that the fans thinks should play more.

    Not saying i don't like Wilson. All I am saying is that there's NO WAY for a fan to make a legitimate argument for more playing time-given what we have seen. Why? Because we have only seen him in a handful of snaps!

  3. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantterp View Post
    Fans think that everyone with some speed and quickness and think that that's all there is to the game. It was the same argument with Journagan and Scottlast year, Moss a few years ago. Every team in the NFL has someone fast that the fans thinks should play more.

    Not saying i don't like Wilson. All I am saying is that there's NO WAY for a fan to make a legitimate argument for more playing time-given what we have seen. Why? Because we have only seen him in a handful of snaps!
    People were clamoring for him to get more snaps because of that! Add in Bradshaw's feet problems, and it was asinine to not let other RBs get more carries.

    I say "other RBs" because there were games where Bradshaw was getting more carries than Brown and Wilson, combined.
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

    Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantterp View Post
    Fans think that everyone with some speed and quickness and think that that's all there is to the game. It was the same argument with Journagan and Scottlast year, Moss a few years ago. Every team in the NFL has someone fast that the fans thinks should play more.

    Not saying i don't like Wilson. All I am saying is that there's NO WAY for a fan to make a legitimate argument for more playing time-given what we have seen. Why? Because we have only seen him in a handful of snaps!
    You pretty much answered your own question. You're welcome
    Close or you hit the bricks

  5. #75
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    39,784
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    because people are drooling over his performance and making crazy statements. Well until he broke one for 52 yards, he pretty much looked like any other back out there. Nothing special. But if you want to look at his 100yards rushing as a dominant break out performance for him as a RB. Well go ahead. I'm more concerned with his play after play production and development as a RB.
    And then he made a run that no other Giants RB could have made.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  6. #76
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    And then he made a run that no other Giants RB could have made.
    This. When was the last time any RB ran for a touchdown like wilson? hasn't been a while and I'm not talking about goal line runs. Wilson has two long runs for a TD this year.

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    What exactly is a "David Wilson hater"?

    I think majority of his critics just wanted to see some improvement as an every down back which he did display last night. Of all the running plays, the 6 yard TD in the redzone was most impressive.
    Agree with this 100% Especially regarding that redzone running score. Great power/awareness to get that ball over the goal line.

  8. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    because people are drooling over his performance and making crazy statements. Well until he broke one for 52 yards, he pretty much looked like any other back out there. Nothing special. But if you want to look at his 100yards rushing as a dominant break out performance for him as a RB. Well go ahead. I'm more concerned with his play after play production and development as a RB.
    Huh?

    Reese said when he drafted Wilson he did it for big play potential. .When talking about big play backs that is how it goes, they may have 10 carries for 30 yards and 3 carries for 70. You dont drop the 3 just because the other 10 looked average. Wilson is doing exactly what he was drafted to do.

    I said all season long that TC follows a regiment with rookie rbs. He did it with Bradshaw too. Ahmad was our kick returner until late in the season when he started getting carries and eventually got a start at RB. People say "he wasnt forced into duty like wilson" but that isnt true. We actually started Rueben Droughns at tailback for a game in 2007 rather than play Ahmad. It wasnt until late november/early december that Ahmad became a big part of the 2007 offense. Does that seem familiar?

  9. #79
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,994
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Ehh, we all new he was really good on KR's. the difference today being no flags on any kicks. His garbage time TD, while nice, doesn't have me calling him the savior by any means. We still need Bradshaw. Don't be misled by the all purpose yardage record. His time will come, but he is not ready to be the every down RB until they are positive he can make all the blocks and knows his assignments.
    His garbage time TD came against a defense that was looking run all the way.

    I'll credit the offensive line too....they hit their blocks.....but it was Wilson who just ****ing booked through the hole and was gone.

    Garbage time or not......the guy can fly. I'm totally stoked.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

    - Emlen Tunnell

  10. #80
    Administrator Die-Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,293
    Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    I'm sorry, but when people are calling someone a bust and wishing that you never came, that is called hating or doubting.
    The guy had ONE big game. Yes, people were calling him a bust without merit, but aren't you calling him a beast with little to no merit? One game does not make him a beast. I understand your point, and I certainly never called Wilson a bust or inferred that he was no good, but you're being a bit hypocritical, because you're essentially calling others out for overreacting to his lack of production, when in fact you're overreacting a bit for one good game. Lets see what he does with the increased role going forward.

    Even Ron Dayne had a good game occasionally


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts