+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: memo to the david wilson haters

Quote Originally Posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
    Clay Matthews is the best defender on a weak defense while a healthy Nicks makes this offense one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL a year ago. Its not even in the close...Nicks should have a solid contract.

Victor Cruz should not be playing at league minimum, the guy continues to shine.

So even though Kenny Phillips is the best deep cover safety we should let him walk because of a degenerative knee condition, I seen several athlete play with that condition. But its ok, To sign Terrell Thomas to a big contract after he tore his ACL 3 times in the last 4 years? Yea that makes real good sense.

Ross wasnt an ironman but he plays way more than Thomas. What an awful move.

Shiancoe was a back up but there was rumblings that Shockey was not going to be here much longer....you have to remember Shockey was frustrated with this offense and a struggling Eli.

By playing hardball with Bradshaw we almost had Snelling from the Falcons as our starting running back. We were lucky that the Saints released Reggie Bush, and the Dolphins was a dumb enough franchise to choose Bush over Bradshaw.

But It was smart to give Diehl and Baas monster contracts and then restructure it one year later. Canty's contract was ridiculous...what did he ever do in Dallas to get that much money....that is a slap in the face to JPP, Kiwi, Tuck, and Osi.

And we almost lost Blackburn, Reese finally swallowed his pride knowing that he messed up on Greg Jones and Herzlich.
    How can Reese "mess up" on a guy he signed as an undrafted free agent?? Just trying to follow your logic.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
    Clay Matthews is the best defender on a weak defense while a healthy Nicks makes this offense one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL a year ago. Its not even in the close...Nicks should have a solid contract.

Victor Cruz should not be playing at league minimum, the guy continues to shine.

So even though Kenny Phillips is the best deep cover safety we should let him walk because of a degenerative knee condition, I seen several athlete play with that condition. But its ok, To sign Terrell Thomas to a big contract after he tore his ACL 3 times in the last 4 years? Yea that makes real good sense.

Ross wasnt an ironman but he plays way more than Thomas. What an awful move.

Shiancoe was a back up but there was rumblings that Shockey was not going to be here much longer....you have to remember Shockey was frustrated with this offense and a struggling Eli.

By playing hardball with Bradshaw we almost had Snelling from the Falcons as our starting running back. We were lucky that the Saints released Reggie Bush, and the Dolphins was a dumb enough franchise to choose Bush over Bradshaw.

But It was smart to give Diehl and Baas monster contracts and then restructure it one year later. Canty's contract was ridiculous...what did he ever do in Dallas to get that much money....that is a slap in the face to JPP, Kiwi, Tuck, and Osi.

And we almost lost Blackburn, Reese finally swallowed his pride knowing that he messed up on Greg Jones and Herzlich.
    I'll admit, I was a little worried about losing Aaron Ross, considering T2's injury history. But from what I've read, Ross isn't exactly tearing it up in Jax.

As far as Herzlich is concerned, I still think that he hasn't hit his ceiling yet......he's coming back from a life-threatening injury.....just the fact that he has a job in the NFL is amazing. He's one dude I'm willing to wait on....he deserves the benefit of the doubt.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Well that is just your opinion. 1 that you have been very inconsistent with considering you werent on JPP his rookie year. But I am glad TC has a developmental plan that works for him regardless of round taken and he doesnt follow your complaints.

And for the record, back in September I told you this EXACT course of action would take place. A few carries a game until late november early december when the Giant ramp up his involvement. That is how TC does it with RBs. You argued vehemently with me saying that the reason he isnt playing is cause he "su-cks" Well, time has proven me right. He got a few carries and his production has been ramped up, exactly as I predicted. It is just how TC does it with RBs. Sorry my friend, just eat your crow and move on.

What about your above claim that he isnt good at kickoff returns? Gonna take your medicine on that 1? He has almost 30% more return yards then the guy in 2nd place in the NFL. It isnt even close. Eat crow, move on.
    I wasen't on JPP???lol U mean the guy who was in fact a helpful part of the defense, and in fact, had OSI, TUCK, and TOLLEFSON all ahead of him??lol Thats real tough to tell the diffrence between situations.. Come on santa, are u serious with this?

I mean, u seriously can't see the diffrence between having OSI, TUCK, and TOLLEFSON, compared to having Ahmad Bradshaw and Andre Brown???lol

Not to mention, for the 1000th time, David Wilson was in fact the first guy off the bench in good old GAME 1, but fumbled and dropped a pass and feel in dog house, while Andre Brown came in and got it done... Its not like Coughlin didn't give him first crack.. Dudes a rookie, u can't go fumbling and dropping passes and expect to continue to get the same shot the following week, unless u all ready showed u can get it done, which to that point, in the regular sesaon, he had not.. OSI and TUCk and TOLLFESON, and ur asking me why i didn't call out JPP..lol

memo to people who like to call people out for there opinions.. Uhh, wait for the player to have more then 1stellar week toward the end of the season as a 1st rd draft pick..lol THis was my only problem with the thread, is the fact guys want to jump down peoples throats after one wk, like the guys who didn't love the pick thought David Wilson was never gonna have a big wk or something.. One wk means nothing, as its consistency that matters.. david wilson actually gave up carries and playing time to freaking Kregg Lumpkin for godsake! Thats our 1st rd draft pick? He can't block worth a snot!

Again, David Wilson in the 1st rd was bad value, and a guy who can't block and is gonna need to shoulder the load with another rb should never be picked in RD 1, which was my only beef with the pick, the value of it...

No one thought he'd never have a big wk, as i'm sure he'll have other big wk's in his career, but a big wk here and there means zilch from ur 1st rd draft pick.. I mean, 1st rd picks are held to diffrent standards, and hes been non factor just about this whole season...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Go disappear like a fart in the wind. Dude is a beast!
    Wilson is another Trung Candidate (bust backup for Marshall Faulk on the Rams) - can run fast....PERIOD. The Giants once again pick a RB dud in the first round, just as they did with Ron Dayne. Its been since Rodney Hampton, that the Giants picked a REAL franchise RB in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    How can Reese "mess up" on a guy he signed as an undrafted free agent?? Just trying to follow your logic.
    Logic?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligans View Post
    Wilson is another Trung Candidate (bust backup for Marshall Faulk on the Rams) - can run fast....PERIOD. The Giants once again pick a RB dud in the first round, just as they did with Ron Dayne. Its been since Rodney Hampton, that the Giants picked a REAL franchise RB in the draft.
    Wilson is a rookie. The coaching staff tried to tell us, the all knowing fan base, he wasn't ready. We, of course, know more than the coaches who watch the players in practice and meetings and respond with "just throw him in there", bench Bradshaw. Well, we got what we asked for. There is nothing wrong with Wilson that development won't cure. He will benefit from what went wrong yesterday, as will Hosley. They were put in positions they are just not ready for and they weren't up to the challenge. It's really not surprising.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

The sad thing is that aside from a couple rookie mistakes (really the only thing that comes to mind is when he didn't turn around to catch a pass in the flat) I didn't think Wilson had done enough to be removed. He was still better than 3 straight draws to Lumpkin...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The sad thing is that aside from a couple rookie mistakes (really the only thing that comes to mind is when he didn't turn around to catch a pass in the flat) I didn't think Wilson had done enough to be removed. He was still better than 3 straight draws to Lumpkin...
    Seriously. Wilson was averaging almost 5 yards a carry.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Wilson is a rookie. The coaching staff tried to tell us, the all knowing fan base, he wasn't ready. We, of course, know more than the coaches who watch the players in practice and meetings and respond with "just throw him in there", bench Bradshaw. Well, we got what we asked for. There is nothing wrong with Wilson that development won't cure. He will benefit from what went wrong yesterday, as will Hosley. They were put in positions they are just not ready for and they weren't up to the challenge. It's really not surprising.
    Sad that the "challenge" on this team is to be a mandatory part of an O-line that can't block by themselves,
    be part of dismal running game (due to playcalling and aformentioned O-line), and only fumble once in a while.
    (oh, thats right, you only get to fumble on your first game with the G-men if your a scrub pulled out of your living
    room that has done nothing otherwise).

+ Reply to Thread