+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    To be fair the coaches didn't exactly give him all that many chances.
    He was the first RB in for Ahmad Bradshaw right outta the gates in Game 1.. Andre Brown wasen't the backup then, it was David WIlson.. He took that opp and fumbled it away.. Andre Brown took his limited opp and ran with it... hence why u don't throw away ur limited opp's, because someone else can be right there to jump on there limited opp..

It took long enough for this game to come.. Lets hope he can continue these performances against teams like Atlanta, and Baltimore... Saints are terrible, and everyone runs wild on them...

I mean, the Carolina Panthers RB's AVG'd almost 5 YPC and a 1td, and Deangelo WIlliams and John Stewart suck...

Jamal Charles ran for almost 250yrd and had 65recieving against the saints..
    Doug Martin avg'd over 5YPC with a TD in a game against NO
    Ryan Matthews sucks and he AVG'd almost 7YPC with a TD against the saints
    McGhaee ran for well over 100 and a TD against the Saints
    Marcel Reece whos a pass reciever mroe then RB ran for over 100yards and a 5.4YPC avg against the saints...

It goes on and on like this with RB's vs the saints.. Most of em don't return kicks of course, but just as RB's, the saints always give up monster games.. THey suck against the run... David Wilson had a fantastic game, but lets hope he keeps it up...

Maybe Tom was saving him, for the end of the season !

Quote Originally Posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
    That is absolutely not true...I loved the JPP pick, I like the Nicks pick and I beginning to like Antrel Rolle more. I come hard on Reese for our salary cap situation MORE THAN ANYTHING! I also do not like Reese's Free agency pickups with is reason number 2 why I target Reese. And reason number 3 why I target Reese is because he never is able to keep young talent past their rookie contracts. His draft picks are the last thing I flame him about. I like Steve Smith, Jake Ballard, Kevin Boss and he simply could not keep them around.
    Dude I've seen you blast Reese left and right all over these boards. The cap situation is ALWAYS going to bad for us cause we are a) making the playoffs b) in the middle of the pack on teams. When you win a sb people want to get paid and you have to pay. I really don't know what you want him to do. You want him to cut all these player.....for who??? He's doing the best he can and that is why we build through the draft. One last thing IF he had not released Smith, Ballard, Boss you wouldn't have CRUZ, BENNETT. Those are not pro-bowl players. He cannot sign everyone if he doesn't see major production from them.

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheGreek View Post
    Maybe Tom was saving him, for the end of the season !
    Nope. It took two injuries for him to get a decent shot.

For Reason number 3 :

Reese drafted solid guys and was unable to keep them.

Steve Smith paid on a rookie contract and was never offered a big deal after catching 100 balls.

Reese almost let Bradshaw walk, Bradshaw would of been a Dolphin if it wasnt for Reggie Bush.

Ross played on a rookie contract as a Giant, and released for Thomas who can not stay healthy.

Kevin Boss played on minimum wage and was pretty reliable for Eli, we let him go and threw all of our eggs in the basket for Beckum and Ballard.

Kenny Phillips is the best deep coverage safety still playing on a rookie contract

Victor Cruz continues to play on minimum wage...and fans want to dog him for signing with Jay Z and RocNation..let the guy get paid, Reese sure aint.

Hakeem Nicks continues to play on a rookie contract.

Then you would why the Giants play when they want too. This is why Shockey and Shanicoe ran out of town and Osi had words with Reese.

Your missing the point NO ONE is saying the kid is a HOF, people are just excited cause they see what this kid COULD bring to the table. What's wrong with that?? The kid had a huge day and broke a record for all purpose yards in one game. Yeah it was the Saints defense but he still went out there and did it. The kids had a rough year and he final made plays, people are happy for him.
    No, its alittle diffrent then "people are just excited about what he can bring", or else there woulden't be threads calling about people with critisim about a full yr of nothing outta David WIlson..

I tell ya what, there wasen't anyone calling out David Wilson after he fumbled and couldent keep the backup job during the first week... I mean, it was only 1wk, for godsake.. It took wk in and wk out of nothing, before real frustration began from people who were critical of the selection... Shoot, even in the draft thread, which is still up by the way, u can see i didn't care for the pick, but still thought he was intriguing and could be a weapon in a DUO backfield... I really liked what i saw in the pre-season as well.. But wk in and wk out of nothing from the guy, i wanted to see more... He needed to step up, and he finally did.. Now, i hope he continues to do that, as hes our 1st rd pick and we need to hit on 1st rd picks almost every yr , in this competitive league...

So, i'm gonna give him his MAD KUDOS for a phenomanel wk, and hope he keeps it up.. I'm certainly not thinking guys who loved the pick were right on about the pick, just as i would thik people who love the pick wouldent' think that themselves.. I mean, it was one monster wk...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    He was the first RB in for Ahmad Bradshaw right outta the gates in Game 1.. Andre Brown wasen't the backup then, it was David WIlson.. He took that opp and fumbled it away.. Andre Brown took his limited opp and ran with it... hence why u don't throw away ur limited opp's, because someone else can be right there to jump on there limited opp..

It took long enough for this game to come.. Lets hope he can continue these performances against teams like Atlanta, and Baltimore... Saints are terrible, and everyone runs wild on them...

I mean, the Carolina Panthers RB's AVG'd almost 5 YPC and a 1td, and Deangelo WIlliams and John Stewart suck...

Marcel Reece whos a pass reciever mroe then RB ran for over 100yards and a 5.4YPC avg against the saints...

It goes on and on like this with RB's vs the saints.. Most of em don't return kicks of course, but just as RB's, the saints always give up monster games.. THey suck against the run... David Wilson had a fantastic game, but lets hope he keeps it up...
    I'm not arguing your point at all. I'm simply saying the kid didn't get any chances cause he didn't. They gave him kick offs and he did well with them. He fumbled 1 time, 1 time and got put in the doghouse most of the year. TC and KG kept saying he needs to learn how to pass protect, which I think was total bs cause Andre Brown had a big game and Bradshaw was playing well so the decided they could prolong this cause Bradshaw and Brown have more experience in the leagueand so the kid could mature more. But hey I really don't think Doug Martin would be playing either if the Giants drafted him cause that's the way TC is. Even Aikmen said that during the game.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post

Lol you are killing these guys with facts! Get it going lol!

Saints maybe a terrible defense but it's the same defense that held Doug Martin to 85 yards so.....that to me is pretty much irrelevant.
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 12-10-2012 at 10:29 PM.

I'm not arguing your point at all. I'm simply saying the kid didn't get any chances cause he didn't. They gave him kick offs and he did well with them. He fumbled 1 time, 1 time and got put in the doghouse most of the year. TC and KG kept saying he needs to learn how to pass protect, which I think was total bs cause Andre Brown had a big game and Bradshaw was playing well so the decided they could prolong this cause Bradshaw and Brown have more experience in the leagueand so the kid could mature more. But hey I really don't think Doug Martin would be playing either if the Giants drafted him cause that's the way TC is. Even Aikmen said that during the game.
    Well that's because the coaching staff treats Bradshaw like he's a workhorse back at times as if the dude was Adrian Peterson. I like Bradshaw as much as the next guy but even I question the overuse of him when it's obvious to me he's better splitting carries with another RB for the long haul. That's why I was stunned when people thought Wilson was going to take the starting job in the beginning of the season and predicted a 1k+ season from him. Knowing how TC operates and how raw Wilson was coming out, it just didn't add up.