+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 164
  1. #111
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,510
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    No, its alittle diffrent then "people are just excited about what he can bring", or else there woulden't be threads calling about people with critisim about a full yr of nothing outta David WIlson..

    I tell ya what, there wasen't anyone calling out David Wilson after he fumbled and couldent keep the backup job during the first week... I mean, it was only 1wk, for godsake.. It took wk in and wk out of nothing, before real frustration began from people who were critical of the selection... Shoot, even in the draft thread, which is still up by the way, u can see i didn't care for the pick, but still thought he was intriguing and could be a weapon in a DUO backfield... I really liked what i saw in the pre-season as well.. But wk in and wk out of nothing from the guy, i wanted to see more... He needed to step up, and he finally did.. Now, i hope he continues to do that, as hes our 1st rd pick and we need to hit on 1st rd picks almost every yr , in this competitive league...

    So, i'm gonna give him his MAD KUDOS for a phenomanel wk, and hope he keeps it up.. I'm certainly not thinking guys who loved the pick were right on about the pick, just as i would thik people who love the pick wouldent' think that themselves.. I mean, it was one monster wk...
    Wasn't even talking to you...but I will say this so it's warranted when the kid hasn't proved himself yet in year one to call him a bust but it isn't ok to get excited about a player that could be a new dimension to this offense?? I get where you're coming from and I don't know why you feel like your be called out by other people. No one said your name right?? Tmurda made a thread calling the kid a bust in YEAR 1, YEAR1. That is why the thread was made.

  2. #112
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,510
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Well that's because the coaching staff treats Bradshaw like he's a workhorse back at times as if the dude was Adrian Peterson. I like Bradshaw as much as the next guy but even I question the overuse of him when it's obvious to me he's better splitting carries with another RB for the long haul. That's why I was stunned when people thought Wilson was going to take the starting job in the beginning of the season and predicted a 1k+ season from him. Knowing how TC operates and how raw Wilson was coming out, it just didn't add up.
    Exactly I knew from the beginning this kid wasn't going to start, like you said we could've drafted Adrien Petterson and TC would not start the guy. It just doesn't happen. It's a really sad thing that TC waits until he has no choice but to play rookie when this kid could have been producing all year. Then when the kid did get his chance. EVERYONE on the opposing defense knew he was getting the ball cause they knew he wasn't going to be used in passing situations. Pretty poor use of a talent if you ask me on the coaches part.

  3. #113
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
    Lol you are killing these guys with facts! Get it going lol!
    that doesn't mean anything to me he can spit all the stats he want to. It's a totally different situation here then anywhere else.

  4. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Wasn't even talking to you...but I will say this so it's warranted when the kid hasn't proved himself yet in year one to call him a bust but it isn't ok to get excited about a player that could be a new dimension to this offense?? I get where you're coming from and I don't know why you feel like your be called out by other people. No one said your name right?? Tmurda made a thread calling the kid a bust in YEAR 1, YEAR1. That is why the thread was made.
    Like I said I made this thread...after waiting patiently for 13 weeks. And after watching Morris run for over 100 yards against us while David Wilson could not even get 10 yards. I also was highly agitated after seeing Bryce Brown explode for 2 straight weeks...and the Eagles have a makshift offensive line with Nick Foles at QB. Like I said I hope Wilson's solid play continues, but this "I told you so threads" are ridiculous after one week...I did not dog Wilson after opening night. But every week I have to hear fans dog Coughlin for under utilizing this guy, so by week 14 I got tired of it and made this thread. The combination of other rookies doing better than Wilson and hearing fans dog Coughlin got under my skin.

  5. #115
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Saints maybe a terrible defense but it's the same defense that held Doug Martin to 85 yards so.....that to me is pretty much irrelevant.
    Ya, he was held to a 5.3YPC avg and also added 35yrd recieving on only 3catches and he scored a TD...lol What a terrible game!!!lol

  6. #116
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
    Like I said I made this thread...after waiting patiently for 13 weeks. And after watching Morris run for over 100 yards against us while David Wilson could not even get 10 yards. I also was highly agitated after seeing Bryce Brown explode for 2 straight weeks...and the Eagles have a makshift offensive line with Nick Foles at QB. Like I said I hope Wilson's solid play continues, but this "I told you so threads" are ridiculous after one week...I did not dog Wilson after opening night. But every week I have to hear fans dog Coughlin for under utilizing this guy, so by week 14 I got tired of it and made this thread. The combination of other rookies doing better than Wilson and hearing fans dog Coughlin got under my skin.
    so you took 1 game and got sick of him not producing, when that one game was dominated by Bradshaw getting most of the carries?? Before that the kid never got enough carries to produce anything this season. On top of that everytime he was in the game the defense knew that he was going to carry the ball 100% of times that he was in their. Yeah that makes real sense. I could see if the kid got majority of the carries this year and he only had like 300 carrying but that's not the case. You called the kid a BUST, A BUST after the Redskins game. Like really c'mon man.

  7. #117
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,510
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, he was held to a 5.3YPC avg and also added 35yrd recieving on only 3catches and he scored a TD...lol What a terrible game!!!lol
    Your point is.....Wilson should've had a catch but stupid Barden got called for a penalty, Wilson had 13 carries for 100 yards. Plus his return yards. I don't think you even read what I said. You were diminishing what he did cause he did it against the saints defense so I just pointed it out...lol. Relax dude I'm not here to argue with you who's better. Just seems a little ridic. to me that Tmurda was calling the kid a bust after not being able to show what he could do fully and who knows what he could've done with the same amount of carries Doug Martin had. That's all.

  8. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    No, its alittle diffrent then "people are just excited about what he can bring", or else there woulden't be threads calling about people with critisim about a full yr of nothing outta David WIlson..

    I tell ya what, there wasen't anyone calling out David Wilson after he fumbled and couldent keep the backup job during the first week... I mean, it was only 1wk, for godsake.. It took wk in and wk out of nothing, before real frustration began from people who were critical of the selection... Shoot, even in the draft thread, which is still up by the way, u can see i didn't care for the pick, but still thought he was intriguing and could be a weapon in a DUO backfield... I really liked what i saw in the pre-season as well.. But wk in and wk out of nothing from the guy, i wanted to see more... He needed to step up, and he finally did.. Now, i hope he continues to do that, as hes our 1st rd pick and we need to hit on 1st rd picks almost every yr , in this competitive league...

    So, i'm gonna give him his MAD KUDOS for a phenomanel wk, and hope he keeps it up.. I'm certainly not thinking guys who loved the pick were right on about the pick, just as i would thik people who love the pick wouldent' think that themselves.. I mean, it was one monster wk...
    You are 1 stubborn guy.

    You have been absolutely destroying this kid , almost wishing ill upon him since we drafted him because you didnt like the pick.

    Example 1:

    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    David Wilson su-cks.. hes so useless.. He dosent' cr-ap.. He isn't even all that of a KO returner either.. Ya, he had a little stint he was OK, but other then that, avg at best..

    .
    He has been, even prior to yesterday, the best kickoff returner in the NFL. It isnt even close. He is 300 yards more then the next closest guy.

    You have been on this kids case HARD. Harder than any 1st round pick ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Is David Wilson gonna do anything on his carries this yr outside of that garbage time TD early in yr?
    :
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    He dosent get shots because he never does anything when they've given em his shots, except fumble, get smacked at the line, drop passes..etc I mean, Kregg Lumpkin jumped the guy for godsake! Thats pathetic! If ur good, eventually one of ur limited playing opp's, u do something with.. U can't continue to do nothing with 3-4 carries and drop balls here and there and expect to get more opp's, unless ur on a team with zero RB's..lol He su-cks...
    If the forum archives were longer I could go further back and pull out even more rediculous posts about Wilson.

    You LOVED the Jernigan pick and he did nothing his 1st year, I don't remember you calling him one single time...not even to this date through his 2nd year have you called him out like that. In fact, I remember your vehemently defending him when people did call him out for lack of contribution. You never complained when JPP didnt play much his rookie year as a #1 pick. There is 1 difference between those guys and Wilson, you liked those picks and said so at the time. It is apparent you would rather be right about it being a bad pick than you would actually routing for the kid now that he is in a Giants uniform.

    The fact is JUST as I have said all along, TC develops rookie runningbacks slowly. He gives em a few shots early then come late november/early december he begins to introduce them into the offense more and more. He has done it with every RB drafted since he got here. So why is Wilson different? Because he is a 1st rounder? Well, then we should be mad at JPP too for not contributing much in his rookie year.

    Saying a 21 yr old rookie who has barely played "su-cks" is a COMPLETE overaction. You were right in defending JJ last year when ppl called him out, you were right defending JPP his rookie year when ppl called him out. So why are you right this year in calling out Wilson? Wilson may go on to stink, or get injured or be a great 1, but trying to say a guy stinks at this early a point in his career, especially considering he is 1 of the youngest players in the NFL, is an absurd overraction.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 12-10-2012 at 11:15 PM.

  9. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    You are 1 stubborn guy.

    You have been absolutely destroying this kid , almost wishing ill upon him since we drafted him because you didnt like the pick.

    Example 1:



    He has been, even prior to yesterday, the best kickoff returner in the NFL. It isnt even close. He is 300 yards more then the next closest guy.

    You have been on this kids case HARD. Harder than any 1st round pick ever...


    :

    If the forum archives were longer I could go further back and pull out even more rediculous posts about Wilson.

    You LOVED the Jernigan pick and he did nothing his 1st year, I don't remember you calling him one single time...not even to this date through his 2nd year have you called him out like that. In fact, I remember your vehemently defending him when people did call him out for lack of contribution. You never complained when JPP didnt play much his rookie year as a #1 pick. There is 1 difference between those guys and Wilson, you liked those picks and said so at the time. It is apparent you would rather be right about it being a bad pick than you would actually routing for the kid now that he is in a Giants uniform.

    The fact is JUST as I have said all along, TC develops rookie runningbacks slowly. He gives em a few shots early then come late november/early december he begins to introduce them into the offense more and more. He has done it with every RB drafted since he got here. So why is Wilson different? Because he is a 1st rounder? Well, then we should be mad at JPP too for not contributing much in his rookie year.

    Saying a 21 yr old rookie who has barely played "su-cks" is a COMPLETE overaction. You were right in defending JJ last year when ppl called him out, you were right defending JPP his rookie year when ppl called him out. So why are you right this year in calling out Wilson? Wilson may go on to stink, or get injured or whatever, but trying to say a guy stinks at this early a point in his career, epecially considering he is 1 of the youngest players in the NFL, is an absurd overraction.
    I would not say nycsportzfan is a troll but its like hey we are leading the NFC east and we look pretty good right now. Who cares who and how its a team sport.

  10. #120
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,510
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    You are 1 stubborn guy.

    You have been absolutely destroying this kid , almost wishing ill upon him since we drafted him because you didnt like the pick.

    Example 1:



    He has been, even prior to yesterday, the best kickoff returner in the NFL. It isnt even close. He is 300 yards more then the next closest guy.

    You have been on this kids case HARD. Harder than any 1st round pick ever...


    :

    If the forum archives were longer I could go further back and pull out even more rediculous posts about Wilson.

    You LOVED the Jernigan pick and he did nothing his 1st year, I don't remember you calling him one single time...not even to this date through his 2nd year have you called him out like that. In fact, I remember your vehemently defending him when people did call him out for lack of contribution. You never complained when JPP didnt play much his rookie year as a #1 pick. There is 1 difference between those guys and Wilson, you liked those picks and said so at the time. It is apparent you would rather be right about it being a bad pick than you would actually routing for the kid now that he is in a Giants uniform.

    The fact is JUST as I have said all along, TC develops rookie runningbacks slowly. He gives em a few shots early then come late november/early december he begins to introduce them into the offense more and more. He has done it with every RB drafted since he got here. So why is Wilson different? Because he is a 1st rounder? Well, then we should be mad at JPP too for not contributing much in his rookie year.

    Saying a 21 yr old rookie who has barely played "su-cks" is a COMPLETE overaction. You were right in defending JJ last year when ppl called him out, you were right defending JPP his rookie year when ppl called him out. So why are you right this year in calling out Wilson? Wilson may go on to stink, or get injured or whatever, but trying to say a guy stinks at this early a point in his career, epecially considering he is 1 of the youngest players in the NFL, is an absurd overraction.
    oh my God I never realized he hated the pick that much no wonder why he basically jumped down my throat. He can't stand the fact that he actually did something the last game. Well said my friend.....+1111111111111111

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts