+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 164
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    I would not say nycsportzfan is a troll but its like hey we are leading the NFC east and we look pretty good right now. Who cares who and how its a team sport.
    No , he isnt a troll. He and I have argued in the past, and we have had laughs in the past too. But he has certainly been uncharacteristically hard on Wilson. The only reason I can see is because he didnt like the pick.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I'm admittedly a big Doug Martin fan but you do have to acknowledge that he beat up a very suspect Raiders defense with that performance just like Wilson did against the Saints. Alfred Morris has been a 6th round steal but you also have to take into consideration of how the pistol offense works with RG3 as the QB. Morris gets ridiculous running lanes that makes guys like Adrian Peterson jealous.

    Wilson did have a monster game against the Saints and flashed his potential top RB ability but let's see a little bit of consistency first before we bring up the "He's emerged!" threads. Don't forget about Barden earlier this year when majority of the MB thought he was going to be something special after that Panthers game or how about all of the people predicting Wilson would have around 1k rushing yards in his rookie season because of that Bears preseason game? Knee-jerk reactions are on both sides.
    Agree on Morris, but mostly because of the Shanahan factor. The guy craps out RBs that are successful that may not be uber talented. Mike Anderson had a 1400yd season under him...he was pretty much a fullback.

  3. #123
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Wasn't even talking to you...but I will say this so it's warranted when the kid hasn't proved himself yet in year one to call him a bust but it isn't ok to get excited about a player that could be a new dimension to this offense?? I get where you're coming from and I don't know why you feel like your be called out by other people. No one said your name right?? Tmurda made a thread calling the kid a bust in YEAR 1, YEAR1. That is why the thread was made.
    u weren't talking to me???lol Listen, just trying to have a good old fashioned debate on here..lol Thats what we do around here.. we don't always agree on here, and if someone posts something i don't agree on, i'm gonna answer it...

  4. #124
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,887
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    You are 1 stubborn guy.

    You have been absolutely destroying this kid , almost wishing ill upon him since we drafted him because you didnt like the pick.

    Example 1:



    He has been, even prior to yesterday, the best kickoff returner in the NFL. It isnt even close. He is 300 yards more then the next closest guy.

    You have been on this kids case HARD. Harder than any 1st round pick ever...


    :

    If the forum archives were longer I could go further back and pull out even more rediculous posts about Wilson.

    You LOVED the Jernigan pick and he did nothing his 1st year, I don't remember you calling him one single time...not even to this date through his 2nd year have you called him out like that. In fact, I remember your vehemently defending him when people did call him out for lack of contribution. You never complained when JPP didnt play much his rookie year as a #1 pick. There is 1 difference between those guys and Wilson, you liked those picks and said so at the time. It is apparent you would rather be right about it being a bad pick than you would actually routing for the kid now that he is in a Giants uniform.

    The fact is JUST as I have said all along, TC develops rookie runningbacks slowly. He gives em a few shots early then come late november/early december he begins to introduce them into the offense more and more. He has done it with every RB drafted since he got here. So why is Wilson different? Because he is a 1st rounder? Well, then we should be mad at JPP too for not contributing much in his rookie year.

    Saying a 21 yr old rookie who has barely played "su-cks" is a COMPLETE overaction. You were right in defending JJ last year when ppl called him out, you were right defending JPP his rookie year when ppl called him out. So why are you right this year in calling out Wilson? Wilson may go on to stink, or get injured or be a great 1, but trying to say a guy stinks at this early a point in his career, especially considering he is 1 of the youngest players in the NFL, is an absurd overraction.
    Heck ya, i've been hard on em.. Just as i would any player that i felt wasen't performing. I'll say this, u just posted the bad things, not the million other things i postsed that weren't harsh at all, and some would call compliments... I just got impatient, and during heat of the moment, said some things...

    U guys see what u wanna see.. In this thread, i've said numerous times it was a PHENOMENAL game! Just as i wasen't calling out people who loved the pick one week or ever for that matter, when he was struggling in his limited opp's when we really could have used em, as game after game went by, i don't think anyone should be calling people out in a thread because he finally had a great wk is all.. Thats all i'm saying.. I've always said he would be a good DUO back, and i simply didn't like the value.. I am happy he had a huge wk! I hope hes the next Chris Johnson(longer prime), but before u call people out, lets see it continue, and maybe against better run defense.. Shoot, i'm all for eating crow, as i've done it before, and i'm sure to do it again...lol

  5. #125
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,887
    I wish i had the time to go back and pull up some of the positive things i said about this kid.. I'm not a freaking idiot, i realize the kids got talent.. I never expected em to never have a huge week! Jesus! If every guy u were hard on as a fan only had to have a monster wk or 2 for u to be wrong, every player would be awesome and a great pick and fa pickup and etc..lol

    Still been a long season before he could break out, and before he has a streak or at least 2 good games in a row, i woulden't be calling people out, is all.. Simple as that.. He's gonna have more big games, i just wanna see it more consistently before i start telling people they were right or wrong about the guy..

    As far as this past game, he was freaking brillinat! Showed some serious potential, and i hope he builds off that going forward.. Brilliant game! Now lets see em have another big contributing game..

  6. #126
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,887
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    You are 1 stubborn guy.

    You have been absolutely destroying this kid , almost wishing ill upon him since we drafted him because you didnt like the pick.

    Example 1:



    He has been, even prior to yesterday, the best kickoff returner in the NFL. It isnt even close. He is 300 yards more then the next closest guy.

    You have been on this kids case HARD. Harder than any 1st round pick ever...


    :

    If the forum archives were longer I could go further back and pull out even more rediculous posts about Wilson.

    You LOVED the Jernigan pick and he did nothing his 1st year, I don't remember you calling him one single time...not even to this date through his 2nd year have you called him out like that. In fact, I remember your vehemently defending him when people did call him out for lack of contribution. You never complained when JPP didnt play much his rookie year as a #1 pick. There is 1 difference between those guys and Wilson, you liked those picks and said so at the time. It is apparent you would rather be right about it being a bad pick than you would actually routing for the kid now that he is in a Giants uniform.

    The fact is JUST as I have said all along, TC develops rookie runningbacks slowly. He gives em a few shots early then come late november/early december he begins to introduce them into the offense more and more. He has done it with every RB drafted since he got here. So why is Wilson different? Because he is a 1st rounder? Well, then we should be mad at JPP too for not contributing much in his rookie year.

    Saying a 21 yr old rookie who has barely played "su-cks" is a COMPLETE overaction. You were right in defending JJ last year when ppl called him out, you were right defending JPP his rookie year when ppl called him out. So why are you right this year in calling out Wilson? Wilson may go on to stink, or get injured or be a great 1, but trying to say a guy stinks at this early a point in his career, especially considering he is 1 of the youngest players in the NFL, is an absurd overraction.
    And one final thing..lol I didn't call out the jerrnigan pick was completely diffrent then David Wilson.. I really don't understand how u don't see that? U said similar things to me in the past..

    First the obvious, which is Jerrnigan a 3rd rd pick with great value(late half 3rd when some had em as late 2nd/early3rd, and David Wilson was seen be most, a 2nd rd pick(some early mid 2nd, some late half 2nd) , and David Wilson being our 1st rd pick..

    Secondly, Jerrnigan had Hakeem Nicks, Ramses Barden(3rd rder), and Victor Cruz to contend with as a rookie outta smaller school Troy.. David Wilson had only a brittle Ahmad Bradshaw and Andre Brown, who had been a kicked around injury prone former 4th rder in 2nd stint with us and former 7th rd pick Da'Rel Scott...

    And in fact, it made sense, because David Wilson was 1st off the bench to spell Ahmad Bradshaw right in wk 1, but quickly fumbled and then dropped a pass, and fell outta grace with coughlin, and then as season progressed, he got alittle usuage here and there, and never took advantage of it, untill now... Andre Brown and Ramses Barden have had monster games as well, and Hixon as well.. It dosen't mean hes a great player.. And it is getting closer to when i have to admit i was wrong on jerrnigan, just as soon as David Wilson has a slate of games where u feel hes a consistent 1st rd RB, and worth the pick, i'll say i'm wrong about him.. And just because i don't like Wilson as a 1st rder, dosen't mean i dislike em as a solid duo RB.. I just believe 1st rd RB's have to be shoulder the load RB's, and u find ur split the load guys in 2nd rd and on...

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMas9 View Post
    Agree on Morris, but mostly because of the Shanahan factor. The guy craps out RBs that are successful that may not be uber talented. Mike Anderson had a 1400yd season under him...he was pretty much a fullback.
    Ron Dayne was good in that system that is all

  8. #128
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    , but quickly fumbled and then dropped a pass, and fell outta grace with coughlin, and then as season progressed, he got alittle usuage here and there, and never took advantage of it,
    Take advantage of what?? Coughlin quoting all season long how he can't pass block. Then you trot him out 3-4 times a game
    when opposing D's know "he can't pass block", here comes a run. Combined with Gilbride's play sched, where most fans
    (let alone most opposing D coord) know when a run is coming or not and you set the kid up for absolute complete failure.

    It's amazing he got even 2 yards a carry on those plays.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
    For Reason number 3 :

    Reese drafted solid guys and was unable to keep them.

    Steve Smith paid on a rookie contract and was never offered a big deal after catching 100 balls.

    Reese almost let Bradshaw walk, Bradshaw would of been a Dolphin if it wasnt for Reggie Bush.

    Ross played on a rookie contract as a Giant, and released for Thomas who can not stay healthy.

    Kevin Boss played on minimum wage and was pretty reliable for Eli, we let him go and threw all of our eggs in the basket for Beckum and Ballard.

    Kenny Phillips is the best deep coverage safety still playing on a rookie contract

    Victor Cruz continues to play on minimum wage...and fans want to dog him for signing with Jay Z and RocNation..let the guy get paid, Reese sure aint.

    Hakeem Nicks continues to play on a rookie contract.

    Then you would why the Giants play when they want too. This is why Shockey and Shanicoe ran out of town and Osi had words with Reese.
    Your upset about the salary cap but want to overpay mediocre players.

    U wanted Steve Smith to get a big deal? How would that of worked out

    Bradshaw walk. Yeah he set a value to Bradshaw. Bradshaw wanted Deanglelo Williams contract U think the Giants should of just handed him that money.By playing hard ball they saved cash. Bradshaw was nowhere near worth 6-7 million a year

    Kevin Boss? Again decent player but an UDFA came in and was just as good if not better. Your upset we didnt give him 4 million a year?The Giants have gotten Bennett and Ballard over 2 seasons for less then 1 year of Boss and both are better players. Boss was cut after 1 season

    Aaron Ross? Had a decent year in 2011 but still was statistically ranked as 1 of the worst corners in the NFL and he got 3 years 15 million. Thats a bad contract. U say Thomas cant stay healthy its not like Ross has been an iron man either.

    Kenny Phillips? Yeah he is on a rookie deal so what. Why the hell would we lock up a guy with a degenerative knee condition early.

    Victor Cruz- Been in the NFL 2 years how are u going to give him a fat contract before Nicks and JPP? What klind of locker room problems would that cause.
    Hakeem Nicks- yeah he plays on a rookie deal so does Clay Matthews

    Shianoce was overpaid. Why would the Giants give a number 2 tight end money like that
    Shockey was a big mouth they have gotten just much production out of everyone else brought in and they arent a headache
    Osi should the Giants given him a long term deal he has provided very little this season glad he isnt locked up

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    And one final thing..lol I didn't call out the jerrnigan pick was completely diffrent then David Wilson.. I really don't understand how u don't see that? U said similar things to me in the past..

    First the obvious, which is Jerrnigan a 3rd rd pick with great value(late half 3rd when some had em as late 2nd/early3rd, and David Wilson was seen be most, a 2nd rd pick(some early mid 2nd, some late half 2nd) , and David Wilson being our 1st rd pick..

    Secondly, Jerrnigan had Hakeem Nicks, Ramses Barden(3rd rder), and Victor Cruz to contend with as a rookie outta smaller school Troy.. David Wilson had only a brittle Ahmad Bradshaw and Andre Brown, who had been a kicked around injury prone former 4th rder in 2nd stint with us and former 7th rd pick Da'Rel Scott...

    .
    No, sorry that arguement doesnt work because in 2011 the Giants had stretches where our WR corps was decimated with injury. We lost Barden(season), Nicks and Manningham for games. Of course we were without Hixon for the entire season as well. The WR corp was very thin last year for much of the year. But JJ didnt play......at all. In fact, we played Beckum at WR at times over JJ. Still, you defended him vehemently and I agreed with you(cept on the special teams front where I felt he was not excelling.) And JPP? There were numberous people whinning about him his rookie year and you and I were defending him, he was a 1st round pick. Why weren't you on his case? In fact, you defended him. But not Wilson.

    Simply put, the ONLY reason you are on Wilson's case is because you didnt like the pick.

    Well again, you need to get over it and move on.You saying "heck ya I was hard on him" doesnt begin to tell the whole story. You have been bashing this kid for months. The quotes above are just smaples but you arent just being hard on a guy when you say "he su-cks" or saying he isnt good at kickoff returns despite being the very best in the league. That just delusional.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 12-11-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts