+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 164
  1. #131
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,412
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    No, sorry that arguement doesnt work because in 2011 the Giants had stretches where our WR corps was decimated with injury. We lost Barden(season), Nicks and Manningham for games. Of course we were without Hixon for the entire season as well. The WR corp was very thin last year for much of the year. But JJ didnt play......at all. In fact, we played Beckum at WR at times over JJ. Still, you defended him vehemently and I agreed with you(cept on the special teams front where I felt he was not excelling.) And JPP? There were numberous people whinning about him his rookie year and you and I were defending him, he was a 1st round pick. Why weren't you on his case? In fact, you defended him. But not Wilson.

    Simply put, the ONLY reason you are on Wilson's case is because you didnt like the pick.

    Well again, you need to get over it and move on.You saying "heck ya I was hard on him" doesnt begin to tell the whole story. You have been bashing this kid for months. The quotes above are just smaples but you arent just being hard on a guy when you say "he su-cks" or saying he isnt good at kickoff returns despite being the very best in the league. That just delusional.
    It works for me.. I don't go into yrs expecting anything from 3rd picks, unless the positon is in dire straights.. At no point has WR been in such dire straights, u call for a kid outta Troy as a rookie to be a starter or big contriubter.. So far hes been a bust, but not becuase of last yr, but because he let guys like Randle pass him in depth chart..

    I have no problem calling guys out that deserve it.. And yes, being drafted in RD 1 or RD 3 is completely diffrent.. Not even same realm...

  2. #132
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Your upset about the salary cap but want to overpay mediocre players.

    U wanted Steve Smith to get a big deal? How would that of worked out

    Bradshaw walk. Yeah he set a value to Bradshaw. Bradshaw wanted Deanglelo Williams contract U think the Giants should of just handed him that money.By playing hard ball they saved cash. Bradshaw was nowhere near worth 6-7 million a year

    Kevin Boss? Again decent player but an UDFA came in and was just as good if not better. Your upset we didnt give him 4 million a year?The Giants have gotten Bennett and Ballard over 2 seasons for less then 1 year of Boss and both are better players. Boss was cut after 1 season

    Aaron Ross? Had a decent year in 2011 but still was statistically ranked as 1 of the worst corners in the NFL and he got 3 years 15 million. Thats a bad contract. U say Thomas cant stay healthy its not like Ross has been an iron man either.

    Kenny Phillips? Yeah he is on a rookie deal so what. Why the hell would we lock up a guy with a degenerative knee condition early.

    Victor Cruz- Been in the NFL 2 years how are u going to give him a fat contract before Nicks and JPP? What klind of locker room problems would that cause.
    Hakeem Nicks- yeah he plays on a rookie deal so does Clay Matthews

    Shianoce was overpaid. Why would the Giants give a number 2 tight end money like that
    Shockey was a big mouth they have gotten just much production out of everyone else brought in and they arent a headache
    Osi should the Giants given him a long term deal he has provided very little this season glad he isnt locked up
    Reese has been awesome GM.. That is undisputable, and i agree fully.. No GM hits on everything, but hes the best at finding under the radar talent for next 2 nothing.. His drafting skills are really good as well.. Again, drafting is hard 2 do, and u can't have a team of all stars anyways, because theres just not enough plays to go around for everyone.. He finds good gap fillers, starters that u thought were mearly bench players, and bench players u thought were not NFL quality.. Hes one of the best GM's in football, if not thee...

  3. #133
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Your upset about the salary cap but want to overpay mediocre players.

    U wanted Steve Smith to get a big deal? How would that of worked out

    Bradshaw walk. Yeah he set a value to Bradshaw. Bradshaw wanted Deanglelo Williams contract U think the Giants should of just handed him that money.By playing hard ball they saved cash. Bradshaw was nowhere near worth 6-7 million a year

    Kevin Boss? Again decent player but an UDFA came in and was just as good if not better. Your upset we didnt give him 4 million a year?The Giants have gotten Bennett and Ballard over 2 seasons for less then 1 year of Boss and both are better players. Boss was cut after 1 season

    Aaron Ross? Had a decent year in 2011 but still was statistically ranked as 1 of the worst corners in the NFL and he got 3 years 15 million. Thats a bad contract. U say Thomas cant stay healthy its not like Ross has been an iron man either.

    Kenny Phillips? Yeah he is on a rookie deal so what. Why the hell would we lock up a guy with a degenerative knee condition early.

    Victor Cruz- Been in the NFL 2 years how are u going to give him a fat contract before Nicks and JPP? What klind of locker room problems would that cause.
    Hakeem Nicks- yeah he plays on a rookie deal so does Clay Matthews

    Shianoce was overpaid. Why would the Giants give a number 2 tight end money like that
    Shockey was a big mouth they have gotten just much production out of everyone else brought in and they arent a headache
    Osi should the Giants given him a long term deal he has provided very little this season glad he isnt locked up
    +1

  4. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Your upset about the salary cap but want to overpay mediocre players.

    U wanted Steve Smith to get a big deal? How would that of worked out

    Bradshaw walk. Yeah he set a value to Bradshaw. Bradshaw wanted Deanglelo Williams contract U think the Giants should of just handed him that money.By playing hard ball they saved cash. Bradshaw was nowhere near worth 6-7 million a year

    Kevin Boss? Again decent player but an UDFA came in and was just as good if not better. Your upset we didnt give him 4 million a year?The Giants have gotten Bennett and Ballard over 2 seasons for less then 1 year of Boss and both are better players. Boss was cut after 1 season

    Aaron Ross? Had a decent year in 2011 but still was statistically ranked as 1 of the worst corners in the NFL and he got 3 years 15 million. Thats a bad contract. U say Thomas cant stay healthy its not like Ross has been an iron man either.

    Kenny Phillips? Yeah he is on a rookie deal so what. Why the hell would we lock up a guy with a degenerative knee condition early.

    Victor Cruz- Been in the NFL 2 years how are u going to give him a fat contract before Nicks and JPP? What klind of locker room problems would that cause.
    Hakeem Nicks- yeah he plays on a rookie deal so does Clay Matthews

    Shianoce was overpaid. Why would the Giants give a number 2 tight end money like that
    Shockey was a big mouth they have gotten just much production out of everyone else brought in and they arent a headache
    Osi should the Giants given him a long term deal he has provided very little this season glad he isnt locked up
    Clay Matthews is the best defender on a weak defense while a healthy Nicks makes this offense one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL a year ago. Its not even in the close...Nicks should have a solid contract.

    Victor Cruz should not be playing at league minimum, the guy continues to shine.

    So even though Kenny Phillips is the best deep cover safety we should let him walk because of a degenerative knee condition, I seen several athlete play with that condition. But its ok, To sign Terrell Thomas to a big contract after he tore his ACL 3 times in the last 4 years? Yea that makes real good sense.

    Ross wasnt an ironman but he plays way more than Thomas. What an awful move.

    Shiancoe was a back up but there was rumblings that Shockey was not going to be here much longer....you have to remember Shockey was frustrated with this offense and a struggling Eli.

    By playing hardball with Bradshaw we almost had Snelling from the Falcons as our starting running back. We were lucky that the Saints released Reggie Bush, and the Dolphins was a dumb enough franchise to choose Bush over Bradshaw.

    But It was smart to give Diehl and Baas monster contracts and then restructure it one year later. Canty's contract was ridiculous...what did he ever do in Dallas to get that much money....that is a slap in the face to JPP, Kiwi, Tuck, and Osi.

    And we almost lost Blackburn, Reese finally swallowed his pride knowing that he messed up on Greg Jones and Herzlich.

  5. #135
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
    Clay Matthews is the best defender on a weak defense while a healthy Nicks makes this offense one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL a year ago. Its not even in the close...Nicks should have a solid contract.

    Victor Cruz should not be playing at league minimum, the guy continues to shine.

    So even though Kenny Phillips is the best deep cover safety we should let him walk because of a degenerative knee condition, I seen several athlete play with that condition. But its ok, To sign Terrell Thomas to a big contract after he tore his ACL 3 times in the last 4 years? Yea that makes real good since.

    Ross wasnt an ironman but he plays way more than Thomas. What an awful move.

    Shiancoe was a back up but there was rumblings that Shockey was not going to be here much longer....you have to remember Shockey was frustrated with this offense and a struggling Eli.

    By playing hardball with Bradshaw we almost had Snelling from the Falcons as our starting running back. We were lucky that the Saints released Reggie Bush, and the Dolphins was a dumb enough franchise to choose Bush over Bradshaw.

    But It was smart to give Diehl and Baas monster contracts and then restructure it one year later. Canty's contract was ridiculous...what did he ever do in Dallas to get that much money....that is a slap in the face to JPP, Kiwi, Tuck, and Osi.

    And we almost lost Blackburn, Reese finally swallowed his pride knowing that he messed up on Greg Jones and Herzlich.
    lol you have no patience NONE....

  6. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    You are 1 stubborn guy.

    You have been absolutely destroying this kid , almost wishing ill upon him since we drafted him because you didnt like the pick.

    Example 1:



    He has been, even prior to yesterday, the best kickoff returner in the NFL. It isnt even close. He is 300 yards more then the next closest guy.

    You have been on this kids case HARD. Harder than any 1st round pick ever...


    :

    If the forum archives were longer I could go further back and pull out even more rediculous posts about Wilson.

    You LOVED the Jernigan pick and he did nothing his 1st year, I don't remember you calling him one single time...not even to this date through his 2nd year have you called him out like that. In fact, I remember your vehemently defending him when people did call him out for lack of contribution. You never complained when JPP didnt play much his rookie year as a #1 pick. There is 1 difference between those guys and Wilson, you liked those picks and said so at the time. It is apparent you would rather be right about it being a bad pick than you would actually routing for the kid now that he is in a Giants uniform.

    The fact is JUST as I have said all along, TC develops rookie runningbacks slowly. He gives em a few shots early then come late november/early december he begins to introduce them into the offense more and more. He has done it with every RB drafted since he got here. So why is Wilson different? Because he is a 1st rounder? Well, then we should be mad at JPP too for not contributing much in his rookie year.

    Saying a 21 yr old rookie who has barely played "su-cks" is a COMPLETE overaction. You were right in defending JJ last year when ppl called him out, you were right defending JPP his rookie year when ppl called him out. So why are you right this year in calling out Wilson? Wilson may go on to stink, or get injured or be a great 1, but trying to say a guy stinks at this early a point in his career, especially considering he is 1 of the youngest players in the NFL, is an absurd overraction.
    Damn, this post OWNS!!!!
    Close or you hit the bricks

  7. #137
    Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Yes lets put things into perspective.

    This is the most all purpose yards ever by a Giant, an organization with a pretty strong history of all purpose players: Gifford, Meggett, Barber just to name a few.

    All we hear about is Doug Martin and how close we were to getting him. I agree he is a damn fine player, but this Saints defense held him to 85 yards.

    Why cant you let people be excited about a young talent without trying to poo all over it? Are you even a fan? Do you not get excited when young players do historical things?
    Completely agree with your comment. He did what he could have (and he did) or should have against the Saints and then some, to say the least!

  8. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post

    I have no problem calling guys out that deserve it.. And yes, being drafted in RD 1 or RD 3 is completely diffrent.. Not even same realm...
    Well that is just your opinion. 1 that you have been very inconsistent with considering you werent on JPP his rookie year. But I am glad TC has a developmental plan that works for him regardless of round taken and he doesnt follow your complaints.

    And for the record, back in September I told you this EXACT course of action would take place. A few carries a game until late november early december when the Giant ramp up his involvement. That is how TC does it with RBs. You argued vehemently with me saying that the reason he isnt playing is cause he "su-cks" Well, time has proven me right. He got a few carries and his production has been ramped up, exactly as I predicted. It is just how TC does it with RBs. Sorry my friend, just eat your crow and move on.


    What about your above claim that he isnt good at kickoff returns? Gonna take your medicine on that 1? He has almost 30% more return yards then the guy in 2nd place in the NFL. It isnt even close. Eat crow, move on.

  9. #139
    Administrator Die-Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,829
    Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Well anytime you can set some type of performance record (First in NFL history with 100 yards rushing and 250 return yards in a game), that should be considered beast worthy. I will be proven right by my assessment. You're welcome
    I'm just as ecstatic as you are about him, because I've been dying to see what he could do with his opportunity. It was awesome to see him tear it up, and I couldn't be happier for the guy. As for thanking you, I'll do no such thing, because you aren't right yet. Lets hope he can continue to have games like that.

  10. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
    Clay Matthews is the best defender on a weak defense while a healthy Nicks makes this offense one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL a year ago. Its not even in the close...Nicks should have a solid contract.

    Victor Cruz should not be playing at league minimum, the guy continues to shine.

    So even though Kenny Phillips is the best deep cover safety we should let him walk because of a degenerative knee condition, I seen several athlete play with that condition. But its ok, To sign Terrell Thomas to a big contract after he tore his ACL 3 times in the last 4 years? Yea that makes real good sense.

    Ross wasnt an ironman but he plays way more than Thomas. What an awful move.

    Shiancoe was a back up but there was rumblings that Shockey was not going to be here much longer....you have to remember Shockey was frustrated with this offense and a struggling Eli.

    By playing hardball with Bradshaw we almost had Snelling from the Falcons as our starting running back. We were lucky that the Saints released Reggie Bush, and the Dolphins was a dumb enough franchise to choose Bush over Bradshaw.

    But It was smart to give Diehl and Baas monster contracts and then restructure it one year later. Canty's contract was ridiculous...what did he ever do in Dallas to get that much money....that is a slap in the face to JPP, Kiwi, Tuck, and Osi.

    And we almost lost Blackburn, Reese finally swallowed his pride knowing that he messed up on Greg Jones and Herzlich.
    Reggie Bush has been a fantastic pickup for the Dolphins, do you watch football?

    Kenny Phillips will be resigned, he's one of the best deep safeties in the NFL like you said. His condition isn't degenerative, he had micro-fracture surgery to fix it, something plenty of people have done and still play football at a high level.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts