+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The sad thing is that aside from a couple rookie mistakes (really the only thing that comes to mind is when he didn't turn around to catch a pass in the flat) I didn't think Wilson had done enough to be removed. He was still better than 3 straight draws to Lumpkin...
    I agree.

Frankly, I'm not going to blame the guy we drafted.......if anything, I think the General Manager and the Coaches should have a conversation on matching players and schemes.

When they drafted Wilson, I had this crazy thought in my head that they'd be handing him the ball and asking him to run. Nowhere in the scouting report did I see that he'd be able to completely stonewall a blitzing linebacker for the 5 seconds required to hit one of Gilbride's home run pass routes.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

for gumby's sake. Wilson is a rookie and was 3rd on the depth chart coming in. Martin was #1 or #2 coming in. Of course he was going to get more playing time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    for gumby's sake. Wilson is a rookie and was 3rd on the depth chart coming in. Martin was #1 or #2 coming in. Of course he was going to get more playing time.
    So was Bradshaw in his rookie year and he helped the Giants win the Super Bowl in 2007.....Wilson is just a faster Ron Dayne....another 1st round RB failure for the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligans View Post
    So was Bradshaw in his rookie year and he helped the Giants win the Super Bowl in 2007.....Wilson is just a faster Ron Dayne....another 1st round RB failure for the Giants.
    lol. you need to do a better job trolling. it's far too obvious.

All-Pro
    If blitz pickup on 3rd and long is the issue, then motion him out to the slot and make him the hot, short read. I'd love to see a linebacker cover him. Right now his blitz pickup is probably better than Diehl's.

Veteran
    And yet Dayne played 16 games his rookie year.
    At this rate, Wilson will need 8 more years to play the same number of games.
    I guess we will know then.

I think you are taking a bit too far here. From what we have seen so far Wislon has accomplished far more the little playing time he got than Ron Dayne did his entire NFL career. Coughlin has never given enough time to WIlson to really see what he can do and if he can carry the full load of an entire game. Let's give the kid a break and lay the blame where it belongs. The larger questions are why did they drafted him in the first round and why are they not using his skills other than in punt returns. Keeping a guy in the sidelines and using him 2-3 times in a game is not going to tell you alot. But then again looking at our coaching staff, I am not expecting anything useful out of those fools.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    I think you are taking a bit too far here. From what we have seen so far Wislon has accomplished far more the little playing time he got than Ron Dayne did his entire NFL career. Coughlin has never given enough time to WIlson to really see what he can do and if he can carry the full load of an entire game. Let's give the kid a break and lay the blame where it belongs. The larger questions are why did they drafted him in the first round and why are they not using his skills other than in punt returns. Keeping a guy in the sidelines and using him 2-3 times in a game is not going to tell you alot. But then again looking at our coaching staff, I am not expecting anything useful out of those fools.
    That is exactly what all the Dayne supporters used to say.....they all blamed the Giants for not giving Dayne more carries......the reason Dayne (and now Wilson) didn't get more carries is because he sucked. Same is true for Wilson - my mother blocks better than Wilson does right now, and if he can't do it this late in the season, he will NEVER be any good at it. Fact is the Giants again screwed up and picked another bust at RB in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaggs View Post
    If blitz pickup on 3rd and long is the issue, then motion him out to the slot and make him the hot, short read. I'd love to see a linebacker cover him. Right now his blitz pickup is probably better than Diehl's.
    Gilbride is far too stubborn to change his approach. God forbid we force the defense to adjust to the offense.

In Gilbride's Magic Kingdom, running backs are pass protectors.

Jim Brown wouldn't have a role in Gilbride's scheme.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Veteran
    That is exactly what all the Dayne supporters used to say.....they all blamed the Giants for not giving Dayne more carries......the reason Dayne (and now Wilson) didn't get more carries is because he sucked. Same is true for Wilson - my mother blocks better than Wilson does right now, and if he can't do it this late in the season, he will NEVER be any good at it. Fact is the Giants again screwed up and picked another bust at RB in the first round.
    What the heck are you talking about, Dayne got 228 attempts his rookie year............
    (compare that with Bradshaw @ 196 this year)
    Wilson, 53 attempts so far.