+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 164

Thread: memo to the david wilson haters

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    The guy had ONE big game. Yes, people were calling him a bust without merit, but aren't you calling him a beast with little to no merit? One game does not make him a beast. I understand your point, and I certainly never called Wilson a bust or inferred that he was no good, but you're being a bit hypocritical, because you're essentially calling others out for overreacting to his lack of production, when in fact you're overreacting a bit for one good game. Lets see what he does with the increased role going forward.

    Even Ron Dayne had a good game occasionally

    +10000

    You are right I had some merit to my argument and the reason I been impatient. For 13 weeks, Wilson hasnt done a damn thing and for just 1 week against an atrocious Saints defense and kickoff coverage we want to send him to Canton. This was the game I was waiting for from Wilson. As a loyal Giant fan, shouldnt I be a little worried that Doug Martin and Alfred Morris is running for 1100 yards while Wilson is picking splinters off his behind from sitting on the bench. We shouldnt get waaay over our heads because this 1st round pick shut me up for 1 week....This game was WAAAAAY overdue.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    The guy had ONE big game. Yes, people were calling him a bust without merit, but aren't you calling him a beast with little to no merit? One game does not make him a beast. I understand your point, and I certainly never called Wilson a bust or inferred that he was no good, but you're being a bit hypocritical, because you're essentially calling others out for overreacting to his lack of production, when in fact you're overreacting a bit for one good game. Lets see what he does with the increased role going forward.

    Even Ron Dayne had a good game occasionally

    Well anytime you can set some type of performance record (First in NFL history with 100 yards rushing and 250 return yards in a game), that should be considered beast worthy. I will be proven right by my assessment. You're welcome
    Close or you hit the bricks

  3. #83
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,991
    No, we shouldn't make to much out of one game, but Reese has proven he knows what he is doing and every first round pick he has made has done very well for the Giants.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
    +10000

    You are right I had some merit to my argument and the reason I been impatient. For 13 weeks, Wilson hasnt done a damn thing and for just 1 week against an atrocious Saints defense and kickoff coverage we want to send him to Canton. This was the game I was waiting for from Wilson. As a loyal Giant fan, shouldnt I be a little worried that Doug Martin and Alfred Morris is running for 1100 yards while Wilson is picking splinters off his behind from sitting on the bench. We shouldnt get waaay over our heads because this 1st round pick shut me up for 1 week....This game was WAAAAAY overdue.
    I can't let you get away this one. You were the ring leader in calling someone a bust when you haven't even seen the guy play a whole regular game. Now, if Wilson would have played a ton and sucked, I would have agreed with you. Just face it. You got dished some serious crow, got clowned for saying something stupid by a ton of mb members, and Wilson got off by having a historic NFL game based on the stats he got produced. Why don't you just eat your crow at your usual "table for one"?
    Close or you hit the bricks

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    No, we shouldn't make to much out of one game, but Reese has proven he knows what he is doing and every first round pick he has made has done very well for the Giants.
    I think the one game that he had is a huge deal going forward. Now, other teams have something to really think about. Something that wasn't in their game plans against us prior to Sunday's game. The importance of this game cannot be underestimated.
    Close or you hit the bricks

  6. #86
    After 13 weeks, I will finally eat some crow...but Doug Martin and Alfred Morris are still running for 1100 yards as Rookies....That is very impressive and these guys are really helping some terrible franchises. I'll take a year worth of consistently to one good game anyday. Im hoping for Wilson to continue to make me eat crow the rest of his career...but its to early for the "I told you so threads". It wook me 13 weeks to finally beat up on David Wilson and I get beat up on right after that kick return. There were people clowning Eli Manning saying that David Wilson can lead this offense.....That is absolutely absurd...I just want to see some consistency.

  7. #87
    Also Doug Martin already had a game like this and even better : On Nov 4, he ran for 251 yards and 4 TD's with a 10 Yard Per Carry....and I dont see Buc fans sending this guy to Canton lol.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
    Also Doug Martin already had a game like this and even better : On Nov 4, he ran for 251 yards and 4 TD's with a 10 Yard Per Carry....and I dont see Buc fans sending this guy to Canton lol.
    Just eat your crow and move on. You overracted and jumped the gun with a stupid post. You can bring up other guys all you like but there is no guarantee any one of those guys would have started here under TC, who dislikes playing rookie rbs early.

  9. #89
    JUMPED THE GUN!!! IT WAS 13 WEEKS WHILE MORRIS AND MARTIN ARE RUNNING FOR 1200 YARDS!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!


    Like I said Martin had an even better game where he rushed for 251 yards 4 TD's and 10 yards a carry....I did not hear a single peep out of Giant fans on how impressive he was. That game to this date was remarkable and no Buc fan will throw him in Canton just yet.

    Morris had just posted his 6th 100 yard rushing game this year which is amazing.

    David Wilson can not even be mentioned in the same breath as these guys. You will be lucky to even compare Wilson to Bryce Brown lol. Bryce Brown is a high school running back with Nick Foles at QB and he has more running yards than Wilson, and no1 is throwing him in Canton.

    I give Wilson credit, he is better than Lance Dunbar.

  10. #90
    I'm admittedly a big Doug Martin fan but you do have to acknowledge that he beat up a very suspect Raiders defense with that performance just like Wilson did against the Saints. Alfred Morris has been a 6th round steal but you also have to take into consideration of how the pistol offense works with RG3 as the QB. Morris gets ridiculous running lanes that makes guys like Adrian Peterson jealous.

    Wilson did have a monster game against the Saints and flashed his potential top RB ability but let's see a little bit of consistency first before we bring up the "He's emerged!" threads. Don't forget about Barden earlier this year when majority of the MB thought he was going to be something special after that Panthers game or how about all of the people predicting Wilson would have around 1k rushing yards in his rookie season because of that Bears preseason game? Knee-jerk reactions are on both sides.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts