+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

Hey Eli... STOP telegraphing your throws! LOOK AROUND to see who's open first!!

I like Eli but one of my beefs with him is that he has a tendency to 'telegraph' his throws by keeping his eyes and head in the direction of where he is going to throw the ball as soon as he gets the snap.

The TD late in the game looked to me to be one example of this. From what I saw, it looked as if a defender was moving in the area where Eli was looking which left I think Cruz wide open and then the ball was intercepted. Bennett was also open later on when Eli made a throw to Cruz in the end zone.

He needs to look around the field more to see who's open. And don't be afraid to pump-fake now and then more often...

There, I feel better.

Agreed. He needs to go through all of his reads and not just one.

Let's go.

I only say him telegraph his throws twice and on the one int.s Bennett was open he just threw it late...

sometimes its hard to see guys over a tall o line. he might not have seen bennett on that 3rd down

The pass to Cruz that got broken up was a questionable throw from the start. Cruz had double coverage with a linebacker underneath and corner on the top, maybe Eli thought the linebacker was going to flat out. Luckily the saint defender dropped the interception. As for Eli's decision making I would say he had a good game, some poor decisions. But it didn't deter from him still making plays down the field, those two throws to Hixon and Nicks were perfectly thrown balls. Like you said, I would like to see Eli use the pump fake more often.

A few bad throws and some real good throws. I would LOVE for Eli to use the pump fake. He started that a few years ago and it worked so well. DBs jump on his balls, unsercutting the WRs.

5trive for Fiv5

Veteran
    OP must be must be on drugs. Eli scores 52 points and you still *****.

Amazin what you gotta do to impress some peeps?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    A few bad throws and some real good throws. I would LOVE for Eli to use the pump fake. He started that a few years ago and it worked so well. DBs jump on his balls, ...
    ...as do the cameramen.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    OP must be must be on drugs. Eli scores 52 points and you still *****.

Amazin what you gotta do to impress some peeps?
    Eli scored all those points? And all this time I had no clue he could run that fast when he ran that ball back for 95 yards.

And I'm not *****. Just pointing out a tendency of his that if he were to improve on, would make him all the much better.

I like Eli and am glad we got him.

Quote Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post
    I like Eli but one of my beefs with him is that he has a tendency to 'telegraph' his throws by keeping his eyes and head in the direction of where he is going to throw the ball as soon as he gets the snap.

The TD late in the game looked to me to be one example of this. From what I saw, it looked as if a defender was moving in the area where Eli was looking which left I think Cruz wide open and then the ball was intercepted. Bennett was also open later on when Eli made a throw to Cruz in the end zone.

He needs to look around the field more to see who's open. And don't be afraid to pump-fake now and then more often...

There, I feel better.
    the guy threw 4 TD passes,,enough already...it's east to question Eli while sitting on your couch,,the guy has proven to be a winner and a champion,,I think I will leave my trust in eli and he sees on the field,,nobody is perfect all the time. go blue!!