+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about playoff seedings. Giants related.

Question about playoff seedings. Giants related.

If Detroit wins against GB tonight do the Giants climb to the 3rd seed in the NFC ?

Yes. If the Giants beat the Falcons, they still have a shot to overtake them too.

by virture of their victory over the Pack yes #3 would be their position!

the Giants just need to keep winning and worry about noone else!

That would be nice if the Lions put the hurt on GB. Doesn't hurt if Giants get a bye week. Lets keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    That would be nice if the Lions put the hurt on GB. Doesn't hurt if Giants get a bye week. Lets keep it up.
    Wont get a bye week unless they finish the season tied or ahead of the 49ers in the standings.

Right now the Falcons have one of the top spots locked up, and the 49ers are ahead of the giants at 9-3-1, and the packers could be ahead as well depending on this game.

if we go 10-6 and lose the division, we still have a shot at a wild card. We're lookin good for the playoffs imo

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Wont get a bye week unless they finish the season tied or ahead of the 49ers in the standings.

Right now the Falcons have one of the top spots locked up, and the 49ers are ahead of the giants at 9-3-1, and the packers could be ahead as well depending on this game.
    Still have a shot and for what its worth is something to fight for bro. If it can light a fire under Big Blue to play for it heck I'm ALL IN !

Veteran
    I'd rather be the #3 or #4 seed. Bye weeks in the playoffs dont serve us well and I'd love to set the tone in the wild card round then steam roll ATL (or SF) in the divisional round.

Just keep winning Big Blue! When you play like Champions there is NO STOPPING YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by GMAN2K9 View Post
    I'd rather be the #3 or #4 seed. Bye weeks in the playoffs dont serve us well and I'd love to set the tone in the wild card round then steam roll ATL (or SF) in the divisional round.

Just keep winning Big Blue! When you play like Champions there is NO STOPPING YOU!

That's in the past bro. i think this team is mature by now and IMO can benefit with a weeks rest with a lot of guys being banged up not to mention the bumps and bruises over the 3 game season the Giants have left to play. I'm ALL IN if they can make it .

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bbdynasty View Post
    if we go 10-6 and lose the division, we still have a shot at a wild card. We're lookin good for the playoffs imo
    yea huge blowout wins vs SF, GB and NO....have put us in a good position.. Still have to beat two more tough teams on road if we want to make playoffs though
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

+ Reply to Thread