+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
    Maybe, and if we go 10-6, and if the cowboys or skins go 10-6, we lose the division, and if Seattle's 10-6, we lose out on the wild card, and miss the playoffs entirely.
    This is horribly inaccurate. 10-6 tie with Seattle does not eliminate them in any way shape or form. Seatlle is 6-4 in the conference and if their one loss comes against SF or Stl, they cannot tie the Giants conference record if their one loss is against Baltimore. There are two wild card spots first of all and second of all if the one loss is against Baltimore and the Giants finish 10-6 they are in the playoffs unless 2 of the Bears or Pack or Seattle are 11-5. Bears play GB, Seattle play SF so 11-5 is highly unlikely for either team. Oh and don't say common opponents tie breaker would go to Seattle as that is incorrect. Seattle can only tie the Giants for common opponents so for sure conference record would be the difference and if the scenario mentioned above plays out, Giants get the tie breaker.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 12-10-2012 at 12:56 AM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    If we go 10-6, we are winning the division...Period.
    I agree!

Within the next 2 weeks expect the Cowboys & Redskins to lose one before Week 17.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

PLAYOFFS?!?!?!? PLAYOFFS?!?!?!?
    Apologize to Melo 5

Who cares lets just get in!

as of right NOW , the Giants MUST win out.
    until Wash,Dallas,Chicago and Seattle ; all lose at least one more game.....we have no other option.
    10-6 does not guaranty anything.
    right now both Chicago and Seattle could still go 11-5
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    as of right NOW , the Giants MUST win out.
    until Wash,Dallas,Chicago and Seattle ; all lose at least one more game.....we have no other option.
    10-6 does not guaranty anything.
    right now both Chicago and Seattle could still go 11-5
    I also agree with that.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
    Maybe, and if we go 10-6, and if the cowboys or skins go 10-6, we lose the division, and if Seattle's 10-6, we lose out on the wild card, and miss the playoffs entirely.
    ^^^ Don't Like This !

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Wont get a bye week unless they finish the season tied or ahead of the 49ers in the standings.

Right now the Falcons have one of the top spots locked up, and the 49ers are ahead of the giants at 9-3-1, and the packers could be ahead as well depending on this game.
    Giants arent getting a by. They need to concentrate on getting both of these NFC Games at worse. 10-6 will get them the 2nd Wildcard with that conference record. Giants I believe own tiebreakers over Bears and Seahawks. If Giants win 2 of 3 I expect them to be in Seattle or SF. The key 2 key games are Seattle SF and Bears GB. The Giants are in good shape if GB and SF win. What would be bad is if Seattle and the Bears win out. If both those teams win out and the Giants lose 1 game they are out.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-10-2012 at 07:39 AM.

that's my point....we have to win out to be GUARANTEED a wild card....
    but if we win out we don't NEED the wild card.....
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheGreek View Post
    ^^^ Don't Like This !
    Its not True dont worry. Giants have a better conference record.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-10-2012 at 07:54 AM.