+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,659

    Question about playoff seedings. Giants related.

    If Detroit wins against GB tonight do the Giants climb to the 3rd seed in the NFC ?

  2. #2
    Yes. If the Giants beat the Falcons, they still have a shot to overtake them too.

  3. #3
    by virture of their victory over the Pack yes #3 would be their position!

    the Giants just need to keep winning and worry about noone else!

  4. #4
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,659
    That would be nice if the Lions put the hurt on GB. Doesn't hurt if Giants get a bye week. Lets keep it up.

  5. #5
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    38,331
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    That would be nice if the Lions put the hurt on GB. Doesn't hurt if Giants get a bye week. Lets keep it up.
    Wont get a bye week unless they finish the season tied or ahead of the 49ers in the standings.

    Right now the Falcons have one of the top spots locked up, and the 49ers are ahead of the giants at 9-3-1, and the packers could be ahead as well depending on this game.

  6. #6
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,659
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Wont get a bye week unless they finish the season tied or ahead of the 49ers in the standings.

    Right now the Falcons have one of the top spots locked up, and the 49ers are ahead of the giants at 9-3-1, and the packers could be ahead as well depending on this game.
    Still have a shot and for what its worth is something to fight for bro. If it can light a fire under Big Blue to play for it heck I'm ALL IN !

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Wont get a bye week unless they finish the season tied or ahead of the 49ers in the standings.

    Right now the Falcons have one of the top spots locked up, and the 49ers are ahead of the giants at 9-3-1, and the packers could be ahead as well depending on this game.
    Giants arent getting a by. They need to concentrate on getting both of these NFC Games at worse. 10-6 will get them the 2nd Wildcard with that conference record. Giants I believe own tiebreakers over Bears and Seahawks. If Giants win 2 of 3 I expect them to be in Seattle or SF. The key 2 key games are Seattle SF and Bears GB. The Giants are in good shape if GB and SF win. What would be bad is if Seattle and the Bears win out. If both those teams win out and the Giants lose 1 game they are out.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-10-2012 at 08:39 AM.

  8. #8
    Starter bbdynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    276
    if we go 10-6 and lose the division, we still have a shot at a wild card. We're lookin good for the playoffs imo

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bbdynasty View Post
    if we go 10-6 and lose the division, we still have a shot at a wild card. We're lookin good for the playoffs imo
    yea huge blowout wins vs SF, GB and NO....have put us in a good position.. Still have to beat two more tough teams on road if we want to make playoffs though
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  10. #10
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,659
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    yea huge blowout wins vs SF, GB and NO....have put us in a good position.. Still have to beat two more tough teams on road if we want to make playoffs though
    I do feel 10-6 can be enough to win the division seeing the way things are shaping up. Dallas is really banged up at D and RG III looks like can miss playing time. That been said I believe the Giants can really benefit if they were to earn a bye week.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts