+ Reply to Thread

Great game today.

What else can I say? When you win 52-27 you can't put it any other way. The offense was explosive and the return game is unreal. I've been waiting for us to finally get that return for a TD and I was screaming "finally" when Wilson got it. Anyways, Eli had his first good game in a while (other than a few boneheaded mistakes) and I like how he was able to utilize all of his wideouts. When Eli could spread the whole field we are unstoppable. And Wilson was just unreal. He was due for a breakout and he finally got it. Webster finally had a good game and Brown was playing gold glove centerfield again. My only concern was containing the run once the play got to the outside. But up the middle I felt our run D was good. Once the Saints started coming back late in the game we quickly shifted the momentum our way with some timely turnovers, and then capitalizing on them. We seem to be breaking out of our slump a little bit earlier than usual, and I like that. We killed Green Bay, and now New Orleans. It's time to move on from the Washington game though. I wish the Falcons won today though, because if we were able to beat a 12-1 team that hasn't lost in a month it would likely light a fire under us all the way down the stretch. Okay, I'm sorry for my pointless rambling. I'm just in a good mood tonight!

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by rtr1105 View Post
    What else can I say? When you win 52-27 you can't put it any other way. The offense was explosive and the return game is unreal. I've been waiting for us to finally get that return for a TD and I was screaming "finally" when Wilson got it. Anyways, Eli had his first good game in a while (other than a few boneheaded mistakes) and I like how he was able to utilize all of his wideouts. When Eli could spread the whole field we are unstoppable. And Wilson was just unreal. He was due for a breakout and he finally got it. Webster finally had a good game and Brown was playing gold glove centerfield again. My only concern was containing the run once the play got to the outside. But up the middle I felt our run D was good. Once the Saints started coming back late in the game we quickly shifted the momentum our way with some timely turnovers, and then capitalizing on them. We seem to be breaking out of our slump a little bit earlier than usual, and I like that. We killed Green Bay, and now New Orleans. It's time to move on from the Washington game though. I wish the Falcons won today though, because if we were able to beat a 12-1 team that hasn't lost in a month it would likely light a fire under us all the way down the stretch. Okay, I'm sorry for my pointless rambling. I'm just in a good mood tonight!
    Yes, it was a good win. Gave up a few too many points for my liking, but glad we pinned 52 on them. Saints love to pour it on when the outcome of the game is no longer in doubt (Didn't they put up 60+ last season? vs. Colts or Rams?). Anyway, Gmen gave them a taste of their own medicine.

The bonus is, with their 7th loss, they're pretty much out of the playoff picture. You know before Bountygate, they wanted to be the 1st team to play a SB in their own house. Ain't gonna happen!

good post

lets keep it up through the end of the season