+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Manning Mixes Two Interceptions With Four Touchdowns

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...qMO2XrzbZYqCCI

Excerpt: "Eli Manning was in the midst of a three-game stretch with no touchdown passes just a few weeks ago, a striking slump for the Giants’ star quarterback.

“It was a whole team slump,” guard Chris Snee said yesterday. “We had no confidence. It wasn’t just him.”

Manning has rebounded, continuing his rise yesterday with a career-high-tying four touchdown passes in the Giants’ 52-27 romp over the Saints at MetLife Stadium.

Manning was far from flawless. He threw two interceptions on bad balls, one of which was returned for a touchdown. But he completed 22 of 35 passes, threw for 259 yards, racked up a 99.6 rating and easily outplayed Drew Brees in lifting the Giants to a desperately needed victory in their NFC East title bid.

Manning now has thrown eight TDs in the past three weeks, following his three-game stretch when he had none.

“I think offensively, we continued to work and make sure that everybody is doing the right things,” Manning said of getting the passing game on track. “Making sure that our assignments, our techniques are perfect and getting back to practice and make sure that everything is sharp. Knowing exactly what we need to do to get open, the offensive line is protecting and we’re getting good down and distance and staying out of third-and-long situations.\

“I think guys are just stepping up and responding. Getting Hakeem [Nicks] back and running where he’s making plays, that’s obviously outstanding. Getting [Domenik] Hixon back into the mix, getting him healthy and Martellus [Bennett] has been playing well. All of those things make a big difference.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Thanks Ro.

That second INT was soo strange it seemed like the ball lagged in the air a little... MB was wide open once again. i think it might have been the weather? or maybe that pump?

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    Thanks Ro.

That second INT was soo strange it seemed like the ball lagged in the air a little... MB was wide open once again. i think it might have been the weather? or maybe that pump?
    I think Eli is still trying to make things happen when he shouldn't. But you can't take away an impressive 4 TD game when he found four different receivers for each one. As for Bennett being open, we tend to forget Eli has something like 3/4 seconds to survey the field and make the pin poitn throw.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I think Eli is still trying to make things happen when he shouldn't. But you can't take away an impressive 4 TD game when he found four different receivers for each one. As for Bennett being open, we tend to forget Eli has something like 3/4 seconds to survey the field and make the pin poitn throw.
    I didnt like how he played yesterday. He should of been picked off again in the endzone on the last fg drive. Forced the ball into double coverage when all they needed was a FG to make it a 3 score game. Plays like that piss me off. They get that pick then its a game again

Yes too many ball off defenders hands that could have burned us.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    Thanks Ro.

he pumped to the same area he was throwing it to.....not a good idea.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I didnt like how he played yesterday. He should of been picked off again in the endzone on the last fg drive. Forced the ball into double coverage when all they needed was a FG to make it a 3 score game. Plays like that piss me off. They get that pick then its a game again
    agreed...he had no business throwing that fade into double coverage no less. Or at least throw it very deep so if anyone gets it the WR does....
    A short fade throw there is bad....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    he pumped to the same area he was throwing it to.....not a good idea.....
    I agree, that probably bought the safety some time to start running towards Bennet... if he would have gunned it on the first look it would have been a completion...

Good game by Eli. First INT was a horrible throw but the 2nd was really just under thrown. Weather might have played a part in the 2nd one..

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Just like Roanoke said it seems like he is trying to force balls. i'm not knocking him but some of those tipped passes should have been INTs.

I'm sure he will work on that. I guess thats why the Saints have a statistically bad D, maybe?