+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My uneducated take on the game

We continued with the same dumb penilties we made against Washington! Sorry, but this defense scares the hell out of me. Eli looks to be coming out of his "slump" despite the Interceptions. Obviously, the Saints are no longer a top tier team. With the Falcons and the Ravans coming up and the always tough Eagles that always seem to rise up to beat us, this team is going to have to cut the stupid penilties and play error free games. The "D" will have to play way better to have a chance at the playoffs, never mind the SB!
    Giants fan since '58

All-Pro
    The Saints may not be a top tier team, but they are a top tier offense. Only one other team held the NO offense to 20 points or less all season. Good defense doesn't always mean shutting a team out, we certainly didn't do that a whole lot last year... and that seemed to work. This defense will never remind anyone of '86, but neither will the offense.

Like a lot of long-time fans, I miss those defenses too
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Banned
    I am really wondering about TC. Is he even more wiley than I ever gave him credit for? Is it possible that he knew what Wilson could bring to this team and has been holding him for the stretch?

All-Pro
    Sorry but I disagree. The defense played pretty good. They only allowed 20 points and I think one of those scores came after a turnover. I think Eli played just ok. Yeah he had 4 TD's bu he also had two interceptions and two close calls.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Sorry but I disagree. The defense played pretty good. They only allowed 20 points and I think one of those scores came after a turnover. I think Eli played just ok. Yeah he had 4 TD's bu he also had two interceptions and two close calls.
    Did you notice that Brees had a couple of picks as well? It comes with playing the position. The guys that can put it behind them and look ahead are the winners.

BTW...I feel pretty confident when I say that Eli outplayed Brees last night. Although we have all agreed that we really don't know what elite is, I will say this. If Eli isn't elite, then neither is Brees.

Giving up just 27 points to Brees is pretty damn good...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    Did you notice that Brees had a couple of picks as well? It comes with playing the position. The guys that can put it behind them and look ahead are the winners.

BTW...I feel pretty confident when I say that Eli outplayed Brees last night. Although we have all agreed that we really don't know what elite is, I will say this. If Eli isn't elite, then neither is Brees.
    I think it is more like our defense played better than NO defense. Eli and Brees are pretty close talent wise.
    the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.

I think it is more like our defense played better than NO defense. Eli and Brees are pretty close talent wise.
    Not to mention we won the return game in spades. What was the best non-turnover field position the saints had all night? Their own 30 or something?

We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

the defense played the Saints and Drew Brees yesterday! their offense is no joke and they are tough on any opposing d. ours stood up to the Saints and helped us to a victory!

i think Fewell can game plan for any team and be effective with his "bend but dont break" attitude!

i expect our d to effectively shutdown opposing offenses the next 7 weeks!

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Giving up just 27 points to Brees is pretty damn good...
    They only gave up 20.