+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    The OL didn't improve. Did you watch the 49ers game? That was some of the worst pass blocking I have ever seen

Beatty is roughly 2 million percent better than Diehl is at LT.
    And obviously SF is such a poor pass rushing team. Imagine how he would do against a team that can actually get to the QB.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Sounds like you're hoping for him to fail.
    Not at all. He's our starting RT from here on out barring injury, so why would I want that? I'm just not ready to forgive him for seasons now of mediocrity or worse because he played well against the league's worst defense. I absolutely hope he plays well for the rest of the year, helps pave the way for Bradshaw and now Wilson (who provided he doesn't fumble is sure to get more carries) as well as not only keep Eli upright but give him time to throw. We will see

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    "he has been awful for 2 years" I dont think he is the best T at all but awful thats low. he really is a superb guard though.
    When he played LG last season he was plain brutal. When he was a young player he was a capable guard. But he got mauled every game at LG in recent years.

He has played ok at RT this season, still no reason at all for them to have started him over Locklear, but little choice now. Still expect Diehl to be released in the offseason

And obviously SF is such a poor pass rushing team. Imagine how he would do against a team that can actually get to the QB.
    Did you watch the giants play the 49ers this year?

That is the difference when you have capable pass blockers.

Diehl for whatever reason, age, injuries, etc. was a horrible pass blocker the past two years at every position he's played.

When your probably going to play this team in the playoffs it matters....

Did you watch the giants play the 49ers this year?

That is the difference when you have capable pass blockers.

Diehl for whatever reason, age, injuries, etc. was a horrible pass blocker the past two years at every position he's played.
    At this point in his career, he's a very good back up. He is fine at RT. He's not the "awful" player you guys are making him out to be.

Again....what would happen if he got hurt? Obviously you guys think we'd be better off.

At this point in his career, he's a very good back up. He is fine at RT. He's not the "awful" player you guys are making him out to be.

Again....what would happen if he got hurt? Obviously you guys think we'd be better off.
    The past couple games are the first time in three years he hasent been one of the worst players playing OL in the league

The past couple games are the first time in three years he hasent been one of the worst players playing OL in the league
    That's just ridiculous.
    DD had been our LT for many years and during that time, Eli was one of the least sacked QB's in football.

All-Pro
    That's just ridiculous. DD had been our LT for many years and during that time, Eli was one of the least sacked QB's in football.
    That's more because of Eli than Diehl.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    That's more because of Eli than Diehl.
    Look I'm not saying that DD is a great football player. What I am saying is that he's not the bumbling, incompetent that some of you are suggesting he is.
    And we have won a lot of games, and had a dynamic offense for many years with DD playing an important role on our O line.

I mean..."the worst O lineman in the league". This is complete nonsense.