+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 79

Thread: D Diehl proved he is better than he gets credit for around here

  1. #51
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Diehl belongs in our ring of honor, not our offensive line. But now with the injury to the superior Locklear we have little choice. I hope Diehl goes down the stretch on fire...


    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

  2. #52
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    26,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Diehl belongs in our ring of honor, not our offensive line. But now with the injury to the superior Locklear we have little choice. I hope Diehl goes down the stretch on fire...
    well said....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  3. #53
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    That's just ridiculous.
    DD had been our LT for many years and during that time, Eli was one of the least sacked QB's in football.
    And a lot of that has to do with Eli more than the OL. Much the same as Peyton, Eli makes the OL look better by getting rid of the ball quickly and changing up protections.

    Explain then why Eli was pressured on 45% or so of his drop backs last season. That doesn't sound like a great pass blocking line to me.

  4. #54
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    And a lot of that has to do with Eli more than the OL. Much the same as Peyton, Eli makes the OL look better by getting rid of the ball quickly and changing up protections.

    Explain then why Eli was pressured on 45% or so of his drop backs last season. That doesn't sound like a great pass blocking line to me.
    Sounds like a World Championship line to me.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    And a lot of that has to do with Eli more than the OL. Much the same as Peyton, Eli makes the OL look better by getting rid of the ball quickly and changing up protections.

    Explain then why Eli was pressured on 45% or so of his drop backs last season. That doesn't sound like a great pass blocking line to me.
    Eli has a lot to do with the lack of sacks, but if it was a *bad* offensive line, no amount of stutter shuffling would save him from a beating.

    Just ask Rodgers.

  6. #56
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Eli has a lot to do with the lack of sacks, but if it was a *bad* offensive line, no amount of stutter shuffling would save him from a beating.

    Just ask Rodgers.
    Or Cutler.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  7. #57
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Eli has a lot to do with the lack of sacks, but if it was a *bad* offensive line, no amount of stutter shuffling would save him from a beating.

    Just ask Rodgers.
    Rodgers' OL is probably even worse this year than ours was last year. However, Eli I think is more willing to just throw the ball away rather than trying to keep the play alive. I think to a certain degree Rodgers' athleticism actually leads to more sacks, as in seeing as he's athletic enough to keep plays alive, he allows more time for the rush to get to him, whereas a less athletic guy like Eli will just give up on the same play and toss the ball out of bounds.

  8. #58
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Sounds like a World Championship line to me.
    Just because they were a World Championship line doesn't entail that they were great. Eli was by a very wide margin the most pressured QB in the NFL in '11-'12. Combine that with a team that was last in the league in rushing and that tells me the OL was not very good last season.

  9. #59
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Just because they were a World Championship line doesn't entail that they were great. Eli was by a very wide margin the most pressured QB in the NFL in '11-'12. Combine that with a team that was last in the league in rushing and that tells me the OL was not very good last season.
    There is no way in hell that Eli was the most pressured QB in the NFL this and last year. Thats just lunacy. Yes, our O line wasn't our strength, but it certainly wasn't the worst in football. Ask Jay Cutler.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Or Cutler.
    or Vick.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts