+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I fully expect a win against Atlanta

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PETEY006 View Post
    this is ATL's revenge game for what happened last year in the playoffs
    we're 2-0 against teams we faced in the playoffs last year. I'm expecting a win too tho it is hard to play in the Georgia Dome with all that noise
    The 49ers wanted revenge too but we smoked them in their house in October

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    As of 12-9-12:

The Falcons have played the NFL's easiest schedule to date by far (.389). (Sando)

4th in Passing Offense - 282.9 Yards Per Game
    16th in Opponents Passing Offense - 234.9 YPG
    28th in Rushing Offense - 86.9 YPG
    23rd in Opponents Rushing Offense - 127 YPG

8th in Points Per Game - 25.9
    6th in Points Per Game Against - 19.9
    8th in Yards Per Game - 376.2
    20th in Yards Per Game Against - 361.9

20th in sacks - 28
    Wow. I knew they've had a cake walk and been unimpressive but those results with the weakest schedule is shocking.

Let's go Blue!

after last years playoff wins vs the falcons, pack and 9ers i felt TC and the Giants were in all of their heads. that was further solidfied with wins already against the 9ers and pack!

the falcons are no difference! i think they are so hell-bent on avenging the playoff debacle last year that they will also go down at the hands of the G-Men!

besides the Road Warriors will again show the nfl world that in crunch time they are up to the task!

i expect the Giants to beat these guys with no problems at all! in fact the Giants may even stop them on another crucial 4th down!

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Great post JJC7301! I've been saying this about Atl since mid season when they were 8-0.

Their 11-2 record is a direct result of a very generous & soft schedule! And even with that soft schedule, asides from the 40-24 beating vs the mighty 2-10 Chiefs back on opening day and beating SD 27-3 & Philly 30-17, they have barely squeeked by some very bad to mediocre teams!

Beat Carolina 30-28
    Beat Oak 23-20
    Beat Dallas 19-13
    Beat Az 23-19
    Beat TB 24-23
    Beat NO 23-13

What team have they beaten this yr that has made people go "Wow" the Falcons are an awesome SB contender! None IMO. If they had beaten Denver last week instead of in week 2, that statement could have been made.

IMO, this game vs the defending champs is their most important game in yrs. If they beat us & beat us soundly, this will be their statemnet game. This will make a believer out of all the skeptics such as me, that the Atl Falcons are the real deal & not just a product of their weak schedule.
    I think that I remember your post, actually. I mean, we've got to give credit where it's due because our team has wins against garbage teams that are close that should have been blowouts, but we've got big wins, too, against good teams such as SF and GB. I can't say that about the Falcs.

I'd say that the Giants are more battled tested AND desperate than the Falcs are. Revenge factor or not, I expect the Falcs to lose this game. And I love the way that the 3-safety look has been playing. Should help with the Falc WR's, but let's hope that our pass D does its job last like last years playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    All games left are winnable games, but they are also losable. Who knows what team shows up each week. The Saints-Packers-49ers Giants? Or the Cincy-Philly-Wash Giants?
    Other teams would really want the Giants not to make the playoffs because they can beat anybody no matter how inconsistent they are in the regular season. The Giants' biggest problem is making it to the playoffs. Cowboys and Redskins, there's now way they're getting out of the second round of the playoffs if they're lucky enough to make it. Cowboys have to win 5 in a row, Redskins have to win 7 in a row if it all comes down to it to make it to the playoffs. And unfortunately for the Giants, they have to keep winning games to keep their lead and control their destiny. But it seems like it is way too early for the Giants to be in the playoff mindset. I guess it's possible to win all three games but I am not sure how deep in the playoffs they'll make it. It's pretty much asking them to win 4 in a row, and another 4 in a row. They're way too inconsistent to have that kind of winning streak or sustain that kind of momentum. You have to account for some letdown games somehow, but there's none to give right now. In any case, Giants have to beat the Falcons, and send them to a tailspin. Let's not give them confidence leading to the playoffs. Might as well beat the Ravens also, and send some serious statement game. I would hate to lose to the Eagles because that's probably not the letdown game we want, but I hope that game will not matter at all.

I wouldn't fully expect anything from this team yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    But it seems like it is way too early for the Giants to be in the playoff mindset. I guess it's possible to win all three games but I am not sure how deep in the playoffs they'll make it. It's pretty much asking them to win 4 in a row, and another 4 in a row. They're way too inconsistent to have that kind of winning streak or sustain that kind of momentum. You have to account for some letdown games somehow, but there's none to give right now.
    Don't you remember last year? THe giants showed us they're capable of everything, both good and bad! Let them play and let us fans enjoy the show

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I wouldn't fully expect anything from this team yet.
    Expect the unexpected.

Veteran
    The Falcons are frauds, although they won the division they're gonna throw everything at us in hopes that we miss the playoffs and we don't play them again.

we're gonna smack them around the same way we did in the playoffs. they have no chance

+ Reply to Thread