+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I fully expect a win against Atlanta

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    we're gonna smack them around the same way we did in the playoffs. they have no chance
    their defense is a little better than last year and i'm sure they are gonna run the no huddle against us.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue wins View Post
    Don't you remember last year? THe giants showed us they're capable of everything, both good and bad! Let them play and let us fans enjoy the show
    Last year was quite unexpected and beyond my wildest dreams. But then again, they had to win 2 in a row and against, ya know, the Jets and the Cowboys to make the playoffs and be motivated by enough trash talk and disrespect to be hot for the rest of the playoffs. I hope we can sustain that this year, we have a taller order and hopefully we don't run out of gas just making the playoffs.

Winninng back to back SBs & making it 3 in 6 yrs should be all the motivation this team needs! Coach's mantra since summer camp has been " Build the bridge"! If it takes another team trash talking us to motivate us to play better, than this team isn't worthy to even make the playoffs.

The 9ers/GB nor the Falcs want no part of us in the playoffs. They know we can beat them at their house or ours, don't matter. Falcs lose to us & should we win out & finish tied with them at 11 wins, & if GB or SF don't get to 12 wins, we could get the # 1 seed cuz we woulda beat them all in the regular season! Or at least # 2 seed if either SF/GB finish with 12 wins.

So winning out is extremely paramount for the Giants as it could land them as a top 2 seed with a week off to lick their wounds & host a 2nd rd game. I know all about our success in playing 3 playoffs game but I reaaly believe that 2 weeks off would best benifit our banged up players & have us come out metally & physically rejuvinated like we did vs GB following our bye week.

Our D gave up 20 to NO as 7 came off a pick 6. Sure we give up alot of yds, but this yr our D has been a bend but don't break type D. Also, 20 ppg is our season avg. But we are scoring 28 ppg so we can afford to keep giving up that avg. I would prefer that starting next week, we start giving up less than 20ppg for the rest of the yr like we did in the last 2 reg season games & 4 playoff games last yr, when we had an avg per game score of 28-14.

I was over at the Cowboys board & they swear up & down that Atl is gonna demolish us & we have no chance cuz it's in the 'Dome"! I just laughed & reminded them that playing in high pressure games on the rd is no biggie for us. If anything, Atl is the one that's gonna be playing with pressure cuz they have to prove they are a legit SB contender & not a pretender.

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Winninng back to back SBs & making it 3 in 6 yrs should be all the motivation this team needs! Coach's mantra since summer camp has been " Build the bridge"! If it takes another team trash talking us to motivate us to play better, than this team isn't worthy to even make the playoffs.

The 9ers/GB nor the Falcs want no part of us in the playoffs. They know we can beat them at their house or ours, don't matter. Falcs lose to us & should we win out & finish tied with them at 11 wins, & if GB or SF don't get to 12 wins, we could get the # 1 seed cuz we woulda beat them all in the regular season! Or at least # 2 seed if either SF/GB finish with 12 wins.

So winning out is extremely paramount for the Giants as it could land them as a top 2 seed with a week off to lick their wounds & host a 2nd rd game. I know all about our success in playing 3 playoffs game but I reaaly believe that 2 weeks off would best benifit our banged up players & have us come out metally & physically rejuvinated like we did vs GB following our bye week.

Our D gave up 20 to NO as 7 came off a pick 6. Sure we give up alot of yds, but this yr our D has been a bend but don't break type D. Also, 20 ppg is our season avg. But we are scoring 28 ppg so we can afford to keep giving up that avg. I would prefer that starting next week, we start giving up less than 20ppg for the rest of the yr like we did in the last 2 reg season games & 4 playoff games last yr, when we had an avg per game score of 28-14.

I was over at the Cowboys board & they swear up & down that Atl is gonna demolish us & we have no chance cuz it's in the 'Dome"! I just laughed & reminded them that playing in high pressure games on the rd is no biggie for us. If anything, Atl is the one that's gonna be playing with pressure cuz they have to prove they are a legit SB contender & not a pretender.
    Yeah, Giants need to learn to play and win without pressure. They don't seem to handle success well. I don't know why something has to be a do or die situation to get them motivated. We need the Giants who played against the Niners and the Packers to show up the rest of the season. BTW, the Cowboys message board also swore up and down they'd give the Falcons their first loss, so they're mostly all talk but no substance. They're not also looking to make the playoffs through the wildcard, they're aiming for the division because they think they could beat RG3 in DC. YEAH, RIGHT! I think it actually works for us that we're playing tougher teams, since we tend to show up for those. I'll try not to think what will happen in the playoffs, and just focus in winning the division first.

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    Other teams would really want the Giants not to make the playoffs because they can beat anybody no matter how inconsistent they are in the regular season.
    +1. NO team wants a piece of the Giants in the playoffs. The only teams may be the 'skins and Seahawks who are young and feeling pumped and almost like nothing to lose because they've been irrelevant for so long. If I were them, I'd want to the Giants to gauge how good your team really is.

As for the teams that have been in the playoffs and everyone actually expects something of them (i.e. 49ers, GB, Atl), those teams want nothing to do with the Giants.

I may sound crazy here but I would love another crack at Washington in the 1st round and ruin their season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    their defense is a little better than last year and i'm sure they are gonna run the no huddle against us.
    We should run the no huddle against them. Eli's excellent at the no huddle/two minute offense.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    The Falcs are a legitmate team, but they've also had an easy schedule. They beat the Broncos in the 2nd week of this year at home (before Peyton was in sync with his own offense and Denver has rattled 8 wins in a row), and the skins in DC (but that was before the skins were really gelling, IMO). Other than that, they've haven't played, let alone beat, anyone of notoriety. They've also beaten challenging teams like the boys and Bucs, but no Pats, no 49ers, no GB, no Bears, no Ravens, no Texans, no Seattle and then they play the Giants this week. This will be the 1st top notch team they've played in a loooonnng time.

The Falcs schedule is below. I'm looking forward to playing in the dome. We've got a fast track offense as well that should put up big #'s in Atlanta...

WK DATE OPPONENT RESULT/TIME (ET) RESOURCES
    1 Sun, Sep 9 @Kansas City W40-24 Box Score | Play-By-Play
    2 Mon, Sep 17 vsDenver W27-21 Box Score | Play-By-Play
    3 Sun, Sep 23 @San Diego W27-3 Box Score | Play-By-Play
    4 Sun, Sep 30 vsCarolina W30-28 Box Score | Play-By-Play
    5 Sun, Oct 7 @Washington W24-17 Box Score | Play-By-Play
    6 Sun, Oct 14 vsOakland W23-20 Box Score | Play-By-Play
    7 BYE WEEK
    8 Sun, Oct 28 @Philadelphia W30-17 Box Score | Play-By-Play
    9 Sun, Nov 4 vsDallas W19-13 Box Score | Play-By-Play
    10 Sun, Nov 11 @New Orleans L31-27 Box Score | Play-By-Play
    11 Sun, Nov 18 vsArizona W23-19 Box Score | Play-By-Play
    12 Sun, Nov 25 @Tampa Bay W24-23 Box Score | Play-By-Play
    13 Thu, Nov 29 vsNew Orleans W23-13 Box Score | Play-By-Play
    14 Sun, Dec 9 @Carolina L30-20 Box Score | Play-By-Play
    15 Sun, Dec 16 vsNew York 1:00 PM FOX 1,322 Tickets Available
    16 Sat, Dec 22 @Detroit 8:30 PM 7,166 Tickets Available
    17 Sun, Dec 30 vsTampa Bay 1:00 PM FOX 2,959 Tickets Available
    the giants are going to go to atlanta and smash the falcons,,,,,I can feel it.

Honestly for the people saying were gonna win out, shut up. 1 Game at a time. 100% focus on ATL, they have Eli's worst nightmare on the other side this year in asante samuel. Im hoping his shoulder injury keeps him from playing but who knows. We everyone to step up this week especially with the health of bradshaw and prince. Both players are key to our success..

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    I may sound crazy here but I would love another crack at Washington in the 1st round and ruin their season.
    Same here. It wouldn't be complete without that...

Post 4/20 mock draft:
    Round 1: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama
    Round 2: ASJ, TE, Washington
    Round 3: Marcus Martin, C, USC
    Round 4: Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford
    Round 5: Khairi Fortt, OLB, California
    Round 6: Ethan Westbrooks, DE, West Texas A&M
    Round 6 comp: Cornelius Lucas, OT, Kansas State

+ Reply to Thread