+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: I fully expect a win against Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    We have a better run game than they do, period! Let's face it, Atl has no run game & is not gonna beat us by running the ball, Ryan is gonna air it out & they are gonna try & beat us thru the air. If ever the pass rush needs to come alive, it has to be in this game. getting intense pressure & hits on Ryan is gonna be paramount!
    Our run game is not great. AB is injured and was only so-so this year, and Wilson had a great game last week, but it's only 1 game.

The D needs, absolutely NEEDS, to do it's thing this weekend. One more playoff run before Osi and (probably) Tuck are gone after this year.

From here on out it's bird hunting season (ATL, BAL, PHI). We could definitely take the Falcons. We should be able to stop their run up the middle. That's where we'll see Turner run most of the time. And he's having a down year and I'm confident in our ability to stop it. But when they bring in the speedy Jacquizz Rodgers, that what worries me. We had a tough time catching up to Sproles last week once he got to the outside. When they bring in Rodgers, we need to contain the outside run. The passing game is their biggest weapon. We need to play good coverage and Stevie needs to do some ballhawking. Offensively, we need to spread the ball around. They have some pretty good pass defending safeties in Moore and DeCoud, plus good corners in Samuel and Robinson.

They're 11-2 and we don't see them as good as their record indicates they are. If we were in the Falcons shoes, I guarantee 85% of this board would be butt hurt about a lack of respect.

All-Pro
    This is a playoff game. They all are now. The Giants should have taken care of business when they had the chance. They can not rely on what other teams are doing. Say what you will about the Falcons but they are 11-2, 6-0 this year at home, and want revenge. Not only that, but every team on their schedule is going to be trying to spoil their post season chances because they too know the Giants situation.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    They're 11-2 and we don't see them as good as their record indicates they are. If we were in the Falcons shoes, I guarantee 85% of this board would be butt hurt about a lack of respect.
    Wrong! If we had the P^%$ schedule that Atl has had this yr, I'd be the 1st to tell you we would be 1 & done in the playoffs when we finally ran into real contenders! Atl has won 7 games vs below avg to just plain bad teams by 7 or less points! They routed KC/Phillly/SD, all bad teams this yr. Denver has been their only win this yr vs a current playoff contender & that was way back in week 2 when Peyton was still rusty from being out a yr & not yet in sync with his O.

I'm not saying Atl is a bad team, no they are very good, but their weak *** schedule has had alot to do with their 11-2 record. If they had been steamrolling opponents all yr like NE did in 07' , then I'd be more worried about them. GB & SF alone are tougher & better than Atl & would beat every team they have played this yr with possibly Denver having a chance to beat them & we steamrolled GB/SF already!

Isn't this the same team we shut out last year? IIRC they didn't have a 1st rounder this year, but did sign Asante Samuels . Hopefully Eli can throw some pump fakes and get him to jump allowing our wr to get open deep.

elis been very good historically in Atl in their dome. iirc he has his 1rst 4 td game there...we may need him to be lights out if the game turns into a shootout. but i am confident our d can contain that offense. make them one dimensional, let brown ballhawk, and the DL to get home.

and i disagree buddy about it being a must win. imho we can lose 1 of the 3 but i prefer to win all of course. dallas isnt making it out of their remaining schedule w/o a loss, and neither is washington. 10 wins the division or at least gets us a WC as WC tie breakers are diff iirc and we've been excellent out of our div

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Wrong! If we had the P^%$ schedule that Atl has had this yr, I'd be the 1st to tell you we would be 1 & done in the playoffs when we finally ran into real contenders!
    ....and you'd be verbally assaulted by 85% of the posters.

doesnt matter what their record is. If the Giants we playing the Jags they would still need a win. The Giants need to win this game....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    doesnt matter what their record is. If the Giants we playing the Jags they would still need a win. The Giants need to win this game....
    +1

+ Reply to Thread