+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the revenge tour is almost complete...

Angry the revenge tour is almost complete...

we got our revenge on the packers, 49ers, and saints...i have not forgotten SB XXXV...the ravens blew our doors off in that game...it's time for some payback....

Quote Originally Posted by blueomaha View Post
    we got our revenge on the packers, 49ers, and saints...i have not forgotten SB XXXV...the ravens blew our doors off in that game...it's time for some payback....
    Umm... We didn't need to get revenge on the Packers or Niners. They wanted to get revenge on us, and we put them in their place. It was nice to get revenge on the Saints, too. I love that we dropped a 50 burger on them.

No regular season game will be revenge enough with the Ravens. We've already beaten them in the regular season since our SB loss. Now, if we can spank that *** in the SB, then that'll be a nice retributive dish.

Also, we have to trounce Atlanta before we deal with the Ravens. They'll be another team that wants revenge that we'll have to sit at the kids' table.

Sir remind me not to ever cross you. SB XXXV
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

How sweet it was to go out and blast the doors off of the Saints.

I've been waiting to blow out those bums since 2009. When Wilson ran that last one in to make it 52, my year was complete.

The aints look pretty pathetic outside their little dome. Vengeance is ours!

Quote Originally Posted by blueomaha View Post
    Yep but it works both way bro. Big Blue is leaving a trail and some of this teams ( 49ers, GB ) are going to go on a war path revenge tour when the playoffs come ( knock on wood we make it to the playoffs ) . I love it !

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Umm... We didn't need to get revenge on the Packers or Niners. They wanted to get revenge on us, and we put them in their place. It was nice to get revenge on the Saints, too. I love that we dropped a 50 burger on them.

No regular season game will be revenge enough with the Ravens. We've already beaten them in the regular season since our SB loss. Now, if we can spank that *** in the SB, then that'll be a nice retributive dish.

Also, we have to trounce Atlanta before we deal with the Ravens. They'll be another team that wants revenge that we'll have to sit at the kids' table.
    +1. There's no revenging a SB loss, unless it's in the SB. Regular season games aren't the same.

I'd love to play the Ravens (getting bored of the Pats) in the SB and avenge that loss.

For those who don't remember, in 2008 we beat the living crap out of the ravens in their own home. I think we had like 200+ rushing yards on them when they were considered the best rushing defense.

I was really hoping we would've faced them last year in the superbowl for what occurred in 2000. I hope we get to return the favor this year and accomplish a repeat. Not saying i'm looking ahead, just wishful thinking.

Let's remind the falcons what giants football is all about!

Yeah, if anything these teams are trying to get revenge on the Giants for their losses in the playoffs. Hopefully we continue the streak of broken hearts. Always remember, between beating these teams in last years playoffs, and beating them this year again, that gives them even more fuel for taking revenge in this years playoffs. The team will need to be ready for these guys to be extra fired up should they meet in the playoffs.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Smile

I will say that I agree

Some incredible stats about that 2000 Ravens team that throttled us in SB XXXV:

They played 20 games, and held their opponents to 10 points or less in 15 of those games.

They allowed 970 rushing yards (about 60 per game) and 2.7 yards/rush.

They allowed 188 points in 20 games, while the 1985 Bears allowed 208 points in 19 games.

Sure, it would be great to beat the Ravens in the upcoming game, and even better to do it in SB XLVII. But both 2000 rosters are completely turned over, with the exception of Ray Lewis.
    Last edited by G-Men4Supes; 12-10-2012 at 03:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread