+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Martellus Bennett

I don't think I spelled his name right but O well. Is it just me, but when He is running routes and what not he seems a bit slow and uncoordinated. Hes not light in his feet thats for sure. Ballard even looked more mobile. I hope Robinson comes around for next year.

He's 6'6 and 265 lbs, he's not going to be exceptionally fast..and Jake Ballard was slow as hell. Love them both though
    Uh..go Giants?

I understand the slow part but he seems like he trips over his own feet more then anything.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladder27 View Post
    I don't think I spelled his name right but O well. Is it just me, but when He is running routes and what not he seems a bit slow and uncoordinated. Hes not light in his feet thats for sure. Ballard even looked more mobile. I hope Robinson comes around for next year.
    Robinson is even fatter and slower

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    Robinson is even fatter and slower
    Videos I seen on Robinson didn't look that slow.

Ballard isn't even close to as mobile as Bennett is. Plus I'm sure if Reese signs him again they will work on him dropping his weight to 245 to 255. Don't forget Bennett also had a nasty knee injury this year.

Not sure what you're basing this on ... his slow jog back to the huddle?

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Ballard isn't even close to as mobile as Bennett is. Plus I'm sure if Reese signs him again they will work on him dropping his weight to 245 to 255. Don't forget Bennett also had a nasty knee injury this year.

I'm not saying I don't like him just expect more out of him I guess.

Ballard has softer hands to catch a football and has come through for us in pretty big moments so I guess you could say he was also more clutch but Bennett is superior in every other way. Both guys are/were at the benefit of two tremendous receivers on the field so you have to take that into consideration in terms of their production.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF