+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giants' Hot Topic: With David Wilson, Ahmad Bradshaw How Should RBs Be Used?

Giants' Hot Topic: With David Wilson, Ahmad Bradshaw How Should RBs Be Used?

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2..._david_wi.html

Excerpt: "Remember when David Wilson couldn't be trusted to carry the ball? Now, after Wilson's breakout game -- 13 carries, 100 yards and a touchdown on the ground, plus his phenomenal kick returns --Giants fans likely will want to see even more of the rookie." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    I think Bradshaw should be the starter with Wilson getting more carries, Wilson is the future we can't risk him getting injured.

well, to me there really is no strategy here at all, Bradshaw reminds me of that classic board game operation and, yes, i think he hurt his funny bone along with knee, neck, ankle, foot, other foot, etc.

now, he is as tough as they come, so unless he is carted off, he will continue to play, but clearly we are pretty much down to a 50/50 split both b/c of Wilson's explosiveness and due to ABs injuries, but that's the NFL and that's why we picked Wilson in the 1st round

and what a coming out party, woot woot
    Apologize to Melo 5

It seems we are witnessing another changing of the guard as we did with Jacobs and Bradshaw. It's just an inevitability. Bradshaw will "start" when "healthy." But WIlson has proven he deserves more snaps.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 12-10-2012 at 02:42 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

i think Bradshaw should remain the starter if healthy; however i dont think he should be angry if he doesnt get the snaps he thinks he should!

it only benefits ABs health and durability if Wilson can get 15-20 snaps a game!

if Wilson continues with consistent performances the running backs could be the featured position on the team thus making it more difficult for opposing defenses.

Veteran
    60/40

Bench Player
    At this point I want to see more out of Wilson before his is anointed as the starter. It's funny, he was a bust a week ago and now he should be starting based on a game where he gained 100 yards (special teams aside) with the aid of a 52 yard run during garbage time. I like the kid and hope he has a big future ahead of him.

I do think that the roles are changing and Wilson is now the "lightning" to Bradshaw's "Thunder". But as long as Bradshaw is healthy he's the starter. I'm guessing that Coughlin will just go with the hot hand.

Quote Originally Posted by MTH716 View Post
    At this point I want to see more out of Wilson before his is anointed as the starter. It's funny, he was a bust a week ago and now he should be starting based on a game where he gained 100 yards (special teams aside) with the aid of a 52 yard run during garbage time. I like the kid and hope he has a big future ahead of him.
    A week ago, he only saw 4 carries.
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Quote Originally Posted by MTH716 View Post

I do think that the roles are changing and Wilson is now the "lightning" to Bradshaw's "Thunder". But as long as Bradshaw is healthy he's the starter. I'm guessing that Coughlin will just go with the hot hand.
    Keep in mind, the only place he was considered a "bust" was by a very few folks here. All of the recent comments from the coaching staff have been positive about Wilson.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Keep in mind, the only place he was considered a "bust" was by a very few folks here. All of the recent comments from the coaching staff have been positive about Wilson.
    Fair enough. I know that the coaching staff and team for that matter have been very supportive of him. Obviously I know everyone is rooting for him too.

But that was directed at the people (probably a few of them) who were thinking that the kid is a bust and now want him to start after the Saints game. Some of the stuff posted here is absolutely amazing. I wonder, since Eli had a good game yesterday if the Giants are going to take themselves out of the running for Manziel if he should declare................

+ Reply to Thread