+ Reply to Thread

What I'm concerned about

I noticed that a lot of posters are kind of riding the defense and keep saying they need to improve. I agree however the offense needs to start taking advantage of all of the turnovers and great field position that they're giving the offense. Filed goals just aren't going to cut it. We could've been up by way more points if the offense would've scored touchdowns on each of the turnovers we got.

52 isn't enough?

Quote Originally Posted by GIANTSED101 View Post
    I noticed that a lot of posters are kind of riding the defense and keep saying they need to improve. I agree however the offense needs to start taking advantage of all of the turnovers and great field position that they're giving the offense. Filed goals just aren't going to cut it. We could've been up by way more points if the offense would've scored touchdowns on each of the turnovers we got.
    I think 52 is plenty enough of points. I mean, it's the most we've scored since 1986. OTOH, the losses against the Eagles and the Redskins totally suck!

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    52 isn't enough?
    52 is plenty what I'm saying is even though they layed a 50 burger on the saints they still need to take advantage of opportunities that the defense has given them. The defense forced 4 turnovers and they scored on 2. One being a field goal I believe. They score TD's on every turnover then it turns the game into a shootout which then works to our advantage. We can release the hounds.

Quote Originally Posted by GIANTSED101 View Post
    We blew the first turnover, I'll grant you, but on the other 3 we scored 2 TDs and 1 FG.

Veteran
    We can't always shutout teams. A blowout is a blowout and I'll take it.