+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacobs got suspended!!!

The good news is that if the Giants want him back next year he should come pretty cheap.

He will be back this year watch and see.

maybe its just me but there is something about Harbaugh that I can't stand...

Brandon Jacobs ' tenure with the San Francisco 49ers has come to an end, according to a league source.
    The team officially announced he has been suspended for the final three games of the regular season.
    Details on how the separation occurred are still unclear, but Jacobs, who wrote he was "rotting away" with the 49ers on the picture-sharing service Instagram on Saturday, will not be with the team moving forward.
    Coach Jim Harbaugh declined comment on Jacobs' status with the team Monday. When asked if Jacobs was on the team, Harbaugh replied: “I'll go with the Fifth Amendment. I have no comment about that.”
    Jacobs, who signed with the team in the offseason after seven seasons with the New York Giants, has cleared out his locker.
    Follow 49ers reporter Kyle Bonagura on Twitter@CBS49ers and@KyleBonagura.
    Tags: Brandon Jacobs, New York Giants, San Francisco 49ers, NFL

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...-longer-a-49er
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    The good news is that if the Giants want him back next year he should come pretty cheap.
    I don't think he'd be back next year unless he took veteran minimum. I mean we'll have Wilson and Andre. Bradshaw maybe too. Unless one of those three goes down in camp, it would be really hard for Jacobs to compete his way into the lineup.

That said, he WILL be signing one last contract with the Giants, even if it's just a ceremonial 1-day gig. Big man has earned it.

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

Giants dont usually go back after former players, Carr is the only one I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Giants dont usually go back after former players, Carr is the only one I can think of.
    Many former Giants in recent history (that still have years left in them to play) burn the bridge on their way out. Tiki, Shockey, Plaxico, SS12...

Jacobs never burned that bridge. There was just a little disagreement about pay. If Jacobs came back and asked for a 1-year veteran minimum deal, I'm sure the FO would offer it. Whether he would make it out of camp is a whole different question entirely...

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

Bernard and Petrus too.
    We Want 5!

Blackburn and Will Blackmon are the only other guys I can remember. Both were cut after the 2010 season and brought back mid season 2011.

You should change the thread title.

I guess they suspended him for that outburst he had. Fair enough. He was criticising his team.

+ Reply to Thread