+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacobs got suspended!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    I still can't figure out -- why is Jacobs not getting any playing time in SF again? Why is he rotting away in the first place?
    Because he is a declining RB. It was evident here, and evident there.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Speaking of declining................
    Hahahaha!!!!
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    And 9 out of 10 folks want him to come back to somehow lift up the Giants' running game? I must be missing something. I thought that's the reason why he was not re-signed in the first place. We started the season without really a viable backup for Bradshaw, then Andre Brown showed up, and now we got Wilson. I think we should just keep going to the depth chart.

And 9 out of 10 folks want him to come back to somehow lift up the Giants' running game? I must be missing something. I thought that's the reason why he was not re-signed in the first place. We started the season without really a viable backup for Bradshaw, then Andre Brown showed up, and now we got Wilson. I think we should just keep going to the depth chart.
    Actually we offered him a contract. He got a bit more in SF.
    In a perfect world where he actually gets released this week (which won't happen), he'd be a nice addition to our team. Plus he's gotta have fresh legs.
    Get well soon 80.

I still can't figure out -- why is Jacobs not getting any playing time in SF again? Why is he rotting away in the first place?
    Because they're loaded at the position.

Lets see BJ knows the playbook already and know blocking assignments. I say that is a plus. Use your head.

No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ladder27 View Post
    Lets see BJ knows the playbook already and know blocking assignments. I say that is a plus. Use your head.
    But he's got problems running on 3rd and short, or even running to get some big yards. He ain't the same as when he was trucking people. He stopped doing that, but then he did not know how to change course either. Well, it's not like we weren't last in rushing last year with him as a backup. Unless you're looking for some motivational speaker on the sidelines, Jacobs was definitely declining the last couple years with the Giants. He eventually lost his starting job to Bradshaw.

man, you guys live in the past ... Jacobs had a great run, averaged 5 YPC for the longest time, was fired up, got guys fired up, loved being a Giant

but RBs in this league just get pounded and worn out ... sadly he's done, what's horrible about going into next season with Wilson, Brown, AB and Scott besides maybe the injury prone factor, but maybe we go for another young RB late draft round, UDFA

but right now, we need Wilson to be the man and keep returning kicks as well, what a coming out party
    Apologize to Melo 5

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    I don't know if that would work since Victor Cruz's mom is already the mascot.
    Thank God we don't hear about that Reba Sky idiot anymore.

+ Reply to Thread