+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Jacobs got suspended!!!

Straight up BJ > Blumpkin

Jacobs is aiming his grievance at one of three options — getting reinstated, receiving the rest of the money on his contract, or being released by the 49ers.

To be fair it's really the 49ers trapping Jacobs that's the real problem. He would get out on the field in a heartbeat and run his heart out for the niners if they gave him that chance. Hell the only time I saw him run all season he converted a 2nd and 6 up the middle. This isn't like the Tiki situation where he refuses to play at all. Jacobs wants to get on the field, and the niners refuse to use him at all, and yet, at the same time, refuse to release him...
    Andre the Giant

Quote Originally Posted by DaFrenchy View Post
    Do you think that the team will resign him.
    I'm fired up, I think they will, love this player.
    I will stop reading this thread. It is amazing how many people do not understand the difference between being suspended and released.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    That's what I'm thinking....use him for depth, and in short/goal situations. He'd make a perfect #4 back given his knowledge of the system.
    Short yardage and goal line situations? You mean the thing Jacobs has been terrible at the last 3 to 4 years? Andre Brown is the best short yardage back we've had since Tiki, and Jacobs in his rookie year when he was actually good at it. 6 ft 4 runners that are 30 aren't good short yardage backs. Eddie George had this problem late in his career when he hit a wall and was probably 2 to 3 inches shorter than Jacobs.

Quote Originally Posted by JayMas9 View Post
    Short yardage and goal line situations? You mean the thing Jacobs has been terrible at the last 3 to 4 years? Andre Brown is the best short yardage back we've had since Tiki, and Jacobs in his rookie year when he was actually good at it. 6 ft 4 runners that are 30 aren't good short yardage backs. Eddie George had this problem late in his career when he hit a wall and was probably 2 to 3 inches shorter than Jacobs.
    A healthy Jacobs is a good short yardage back.

And Andre Brown has a broken leg.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by JayMas9 View Post
    Yeah I don't know if you heard, but Andre broke his fibula...
    Andre the Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    To be fair it's really the 49ers trapping Jacobs that's the real problem. He would get out on the field in a heartbeat and run his heart out for the niners if they gave him that chance. Hell the only time I saw him run all season he converted a 2nd and 6 up the middle. This isn't like the Tiki situation where he refuses to play at all. Jacobs wants to get on the field, and the niners refuse to use him at all, and yet, at the same time, refuse to release him...
    Jacobs best run of the season was called back on a penalty. Poor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Jacobs best run of the season was called back on a penalty. Poor guy.
    Hey, if he ends up back here, at least there's something Wilson can sympathize with...
    Andre the Giant

+ Reply to Thread