+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    I'll take Jacobs back in a heart beat. One of my favorite players, and was bummed when we didn't resign him this off-season. It was a wise business move to release him, but he was a great Giant. I think he still has some gas left in the tank, and a motivated Jacobs is trouble for defenders.

Come back home Big Man!!!

From what I remember, the difference was over chump change.....I'm not going to put all the blame on Reese, because Jacobs could have taken the money.....but the 49ers offered more, and not alot more.

Next season a backfield with Bradshaw, Wilson, Brown and Jacobs would be pretty solid.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by DaFrenchy View Post
    I would rather sign him than let Torain on that team. But that's my opinion
    Agreed, but he was suspended and not released. The 49ers won't cut him strictly to keep him off of the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    Agreed, but he was suspended and not released. The 49ers won't cut him strictly to keep him off of the Giants.
    Thats why he filed that motion alongside the NFLPA to get released... he's trying to force the issue.

I wouldn't really see a use for him next season in a backfield that has a healthy Wilson, Brown, and Bradshaw... but right now with Brown out essentially for the season and Bradshaw being held together by scotch tape, Jacobs would be a great addition.

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

“Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Thats why he filed that motion alongside the NFLPA to get released... he's trying to force the issue.

I wouldn't really see a use for him next season in a backfield that has a healthy Wilson, Brown, and Bradshaw... but right now with Brown out essentially for the season and Bradshaw being held together by scotch tape, Jacobs would be a great addition.
    I agree.....it was different when it was Bradshaw, Brown, Wilson, and Da'Rel Scott.....but with Brown and Scott on IR, and Bradshaw hurt again, it would be huge to have a guy that is familiar with the offense.

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post

I wouldn't use him NEXT year either, but definitely this year.

Or who knows, maybe I'd sign him as a # 4 RB if he's cheap enough. I love the guy's heart, he'll always have his size, he can still pick up the blitz.

The 49ers don't want him. I don't even know why they've kept him.

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioGiant View Post
    He jus got waived!!
    No he hasn't. If so, provide a link. I don't see anything on Twitter, ESPN, or NFL.

No way in hell they release him to sign with us. Eli would have all day in the pocket along with MB chipping ends and LBs.

Quote Originally Posted by NWKEffectElement View Post
    No way in hell they release him to sign with us. Eli would have all day in the pocket along with MB chipping ends and LBs.
    Seriously. He'd be laying out Aldon Smith everytime he tried to blitz...

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    I wouldn't use him NEXT year either, but definitely this year.

Or who knows, maybe I'd sign him as a # 4 RB if he's cheap enough. I love the guy's heart, he'll always have his size, he can still pick up the blitz.

The 49ers don't want him. I don't even know why they've kept him.
    That's what I'm thinking....use him for depth, and in short/goal situations. He'd make a perfect #4 back given his knowledge of the system.

- Emlen Tunnell