+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran

The offense will win this game (obviously)

Everyone is whining about the defense and how we will win if the D somewhat shows up. Well thats true to a degree. What everyone forgets is that the defense were the ones who got two picks - courtesy of Rex Grossman. That game should have been a blowout. But once again the offense finds some way to screw it up. Dropped passes, fumbling, bad protection. After that costly Nicks drop, the whole team went in a downward spiral. Only ten points? Against the Redskins? Our D lost morale. They feed off the offense for the most part.

We cant have any mental mistakes. Put the ball into the endzone and the rest will take care of itself. This game could potentially be a blowout if our offense plays well. I don't expect a offensive clinic from the Jets.

Put up some damn points! That's all I ask.

Rant over.

Re: The offense will win this game (obviously)

RIDE SLOW HOMMIE .

[quote user="jjj45"]Everyone is whining about the defense and how we will win if the D somewhat shows up. Well thats true to a degree. What everyone forgets is that the defense were the ones who got two picks - courtesy of Rex Grossman. That game should have been a blowout. But once again the offense finds some way to screw it up. Dropped passes, fumbling, bad protection. After that costly Nicks drop, the whole team went in a downward spiral. Only ten points? Against the Redskins? Our D lost morale. They feed off the offense for the most part.

We cant have any mental mistakes. Put the ball into the endzone and the rest will take care of itself. This game could potentially be a blowout if our offense plays well. I don't expect a offensive clinic from the Jets.

Rant over.
    [/quote]
    Actually he had two easy TDs he didn't catch. The one early everyones talking about that hit him in face mask and then the one in 2nd half where we scored ( I think Cruz ) when he was over goal line and it was called back saying he didn't get in. Right after that Nicks had another go right threw his hands in endZone. Almost looked like he put his hands in the wrong place. Then we got the holding and the fumble and didn't get any points there either. I know MM and Eli were not on same page on the INT on another drive, but just with the two Nicks plays we win 24-23
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="jjj45"]Everyone is whining about the defense and how we will win if the D somewhat shows up. Well thats true to a degree. What everyone forgets is that the defense were the ones who got two picks - courtesy of Rex Grossman. That game should have been a blowout. But once again the offense finds some way to screw it up. Dropped passes, fumbling, bad protection. After that costly Nicks drop, the whole team went in a downward spiral. Only ten points? Against the Redskins? Our D lost morale. They feed off the offense for the most part.

Rant over.
    [/quote]
    Actually he had two easy TDs he didn't catch. The one early everyones talking about that hit him in face mask and then the one in 2nd half where we scored ( I think Cruz ) when he was over goal line and it was called back saying he didn't get in. Right after that Nicks had another go right threw his hands in endZone. Almost looked like he put his hands in the wrong place. Then we got the holding and the fumble and didn't get any points there either. I know MM and Eli were not on same page on the INT on another drive, but just with the two Nicks plays we win 24-23[/quote]I realize this. Im saying after his first drop, the whole team had the energy sucked out of them and never recovered. Im tired of one playing well, while the other sucks. I want solid play on both sides of the ball for once.

I agree. We were rolling until that drop. And then it seemed like all the offense could do after that was stumble. Goes to show the difference between us and a good team like the Pack or Pats. They have a drop like that and it's no biggie get them next down. We have a drop like that and our whole offense is affected. The Skins game was just bad overall on all sides. Nicks comes out as the biggest scapegoat but there is plenty of blame to pass around.

Veteran

[quote user="Shockey1979"]I agree. We were rolling until that drop. And then it seemed like all the offense could do after that was stumble. Goes to show the difference between us and a good team like the Pack or Pats. They have a drop like that and it's no biggie get them next down. We have a drop like that and our whole offense is affected. The Skins game was just bad overall on all sides. Nicks comes out as the biggest scapegoat but there is plenty of blame to pass around.
    [/quote]No doubt. Please dont think I'm blaming this on Nicks. It was a monumental suckfest for the whole team. Evryone decided to have a bad day at the same time.

[quote user="jjj45"]Everyone is whining about the defense and how we will win if the D somewhat shows up. Well thats true to a degree. What everyone forgets is that the defense were the ones who got two picks - courtesy of Rex Grossman. That game should have been a blowout. But once again the offense finds some way to screw it up. Dropped passes, fumbling, bad protection. After that costly Nicks drop, the whole team went in a downward spiral. Only ten points? Against the Redskins? Our D lost morale. They feed off the offense for the most part.

Rant over.
    [/quote]....."but once again the offense finds some way to screw it up?" Have you been watching the same Giants as the rest of us?
    No one remembers who came in second.

Veteran

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="jjj45"]Everyone is whining about the defense and how we will win if the D somewhat shows up. Well thats true to a degree. What everyone forgets is that the defense were the ones who got two picks - courtesy of Rex Grossman. That game should have been a blowout. But once again the offense finds some way to screw it up. Dropped passes, fumbling, bad protection. After that costly Nicks drop, the whole team went in a downward spiral. Only ten points? Against the Redskins? Our D lost morale. They feed off the offense for the most part.

Rant over.
    [/quote]....."but once again the offense finds some way to screw it up?" Have you been watching the same Giants as the rest of us?[/quote]Well dont take that the wrong way. Us losing a lot of games hasn't been solely on the defense. Lets face it, the inability to score has plagued us a lot this season when the D was playing well. Unfortunately for us, they've only played well a handful of times.

Not totally dumping on the offense. Its just everyone is busy ripping the D when the offenses mental mistakes have been just as much a factor. Its not Eli's fault when a receiver decides to drop a pass, or if someone gets called for a hold.

I hope you can see where I'm coming from on this.