+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Anyone else think teams will start respecting the run due to Wilson's speed?

I just can't imagine teams not loading the box when Wilson is in the game cause he's a home run threat on every carry. Play action can be huge if Wilson can get some good runs in.

Of course.
    We can't let up though.

Actually, I think up to this point any time Wilson is in the game that is all opponents have done because they know we are reluctant to let Wilson pass protect. That is why yesterday was a big day. We asked him to run, catch and block. He did all 3 and now teams see that and cant say with certainty "hey 22 is in the game, here comes a run."

Hope y'all are right cause watching this Pat game and Brady is killing the texans with play action.

If anything, the emergence of Wilson helps us tremendously.
    If the ST's unit can create holes for him to run on kick off returns, we can get great field position that helps our offense.

Well the Texans are playing the Pats. the wrong way. They are blitzing and playing zone. Brady eats that alive. When we play the Pats. we get physical with their wide receivers off the LOS and rush four. It confuses Brady. I would love to play the Patriots again in the SB cause I really think we match up well with them.

he can open up all new opportunities in our offense

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    I think it will keep LBs honest. That will help Cruz and Bennett a ton. I wish we put more effort into play action rather than halfa**ing it. Its up to the O line though. They have to make those initial blocks. Just hope they don't give up on the kid after 3 runs.

I believe teams will respect Wilson's outside speed. I'm not smart enough to know how that will affect our ability to take advantage offensively. Will they load the box or just defend the edges?

Only if they continue to utilize Wilson outside of what they did prior to this game,