+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Does ANYONE remember how bad our

    Kick return has been for the last...oh, ten years?!! How freaking amazing is it to be starting on the 35, 40, 45, 50 yard line instead of our own 10, 15 or 20??? David Wilson is a BEAST returning kicks!!!

  2. #2
    To be fair, our return blocking has been fantastic and we were up against one of the worst kick coverage teams in the league.

    But still, nice to have a guy that's actually fast out there...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

  3. #3
    All-Pro Captain Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Emerald Isle, N.C.
    Posts
    9,357
    Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    Kick return has been for the last...oh, ten years?!! How freaking amazing is it to be starting on the 35, 40, 45, 50 yard line instead of our own 10, 15 or 20??? David Wilson is a BEAST returning kicks!!!
    Actually it was pretty darn good in 2007

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    To be fair, our return blocking has been fantastic and we were up against one of the worst kick coverage teams in the league.

    But still, nice to have a guy that's actually fast out there...
    You act as if he wasnt good before that game. You do realize he led the league in return yards prior to that game right?

  5. #5
    and now they want to outlaw kick returns ... maybe they could just do a flag football kick return
    Apologize to Melo 5

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by GMan-67 View Post
    and now they want to outlaw kick returns ... maybe they could just do a flag football kick return
    /red Also should wear tin hats because its the future

  7. #7
    I was actually more impressed with the fact that on all those returns on Sunday went with no flags.. We had become so used to ever good return being called back because of a hold.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    You act as if he wasnt good before that game. You do realize he led the league in return yards prior to that game right?
    You are absolutely correct this game just highlighted a huge strength we have had all year. The last time I felt that we could return every kick to the house Dave Meggett was our guy!!!

  9. #9
    Veteran JJC7301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    To be fair, our return blocking has been fantastic and we were up against one of the worst kick coverage teams in the league.

    But still, nice to have a guy that's actually fast out there...
    Our ST's are vastly improved and a strength of this team. I think that Weatherford is the big difference maker, and Wilson's been great on returns.

    We did have Hixon making great returns back in '07. Too bad he had injuries along the way.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lookin like I robbed Liberace
    Posts
    4,285
    And Derrick Ward's KO return for 6 in the most embarrassing divisional loss of the '03 season against the pigskins.

    /effing stinker of a game in an effing stinker of a season...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts