+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr says RG3 out for a few weeks at least

Dr says RG3 out for a few weeks at least

ESPN does a segment where they ask an actual surgeon/physician related to a players injury to explain the status of said player.

with rg3, he sprained his lcl. the dr was saying a few weeks at least, if he comes back and it isnt fully healed, his chances at acl/mcl injuries is dramatically worse as well as his hammy and quad being susceptible to popping. the dr said it very matter of factly based on a grade 1 lcl sprain and what he saw from how rg3 hurt it.

huge blow to the 'skins. playing him early literally jeopardizes his career, if he were to tear his acl this late next year would be a waste and he still hasnt learned to read NFL defenses aside from the 1 read option bs they use.
    when shanny was explaining the injury i felt it was posturing. saying he might practice on Wed. lmfao the ESPN DR was making it seem like that would be the most idiotic move EVER to play RG3 before a few weeks rehab

Veteran
    i wonder if they drafted cousins because they felt like something like this could happen.

Banned
    Stupid Skins probably rush their franchise QB back and get him hurt forreal. I think they drafted Cousins to get a draft pick back. If he does good next week, RG3's injury might be a blessing in disguise.

His legs are so skinny. It looked like a twig when they got snapped back like that. Must have been very painful.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    His legs are so skinny. It looked like a twig when they got snapped back like that. Must have been very painful.
    He had to tear something the way his leg went back like that. They're probably trying to hide something. I bet he learned to slide now.

And so the demise of RGIII begins...tough break for the young lad. Seems that an injury was bound to happen.

I cringe everytime i see his leg whip around. Wow!!! Washington better be careful before they do long term damage to this kid.
    “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
    ― George Carlin

the thing thats important to remember that if wash does rush him back too early, he'll a) literally risk the rest of his career and b) wont be the same threat he was pre knee injury. he depends on his speed a lot, if he plays injured and loses the speed, their offense wont be anything special at all. i watched a lot of rg3 film bc hes the new hype machine. i wanted to see a stat play out; on passes where rg3 doesnt do the spread option fake, he has the lowest ypa of any qb in the nfl at 5.2. i wanted to see how he looked when he ran more conventional, drop back under center plays. i noticed a few things, 1-shanny almost completely removed it from their playbook 2-rg3 lost a lot of his accuracy and 3- he absolutely could not read the d. he'd literally lock on 1 target, and panic if he was covered. his athleticism allows him to make a play here n there on a broken play, but if he loses any of his athleticism, he becomes a diff qb whose pretty much worthless if he cant read the d. washington is gonna turn him into vince young

i think if he doesnt play, the redskins are no longer a threat for the division. the cowboys still are

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bbdynasty View Post
    i think if he doesnt play, the redskins are no longer a threat for the division. the cowboys still are
    Yeah...and they just lost Dez Bryant.

+ Reply to Thread