Threaded View

Veteran
    Okay guys I want you to reach down to your knee cap and on the outside of your knee away from the medial, feel the area between you thigh and your lower leg. that's the Lateral collateral ligament that connects your fibula to your femur. Any sprain to that is as detrimental, as an anterior/posterior injury. Its not as vascular as the Medial so blood flow to that area is limited, reducing the regenerative process. Since its an abduct injury (meaning away from the mid-line of the body) The body natural realignment process will be longer, as its using more resources to pull back into place rather than just realignment. The risks are
    further damage to the LCL
    potential damage to the ACL/ PCL/ MCL/ meniscus
    septic inflammation ( usually not an issue as antibiotics are standard procedure.) but noted
    crepitus which can lead to bone spurs, this is an extreme case.

Truly stupid to let him come back into the game. Was not worth it in the long run. The difference between a well run organization and a desperate one I guess.

Edit: LCL's are usually a 1-2 month Limited movement thing with therapy. Would be surprised if he is back on the field in a week or so, then I would question practice and how much or what Opioid's are they giving him.

Edit: Just read its a grade 1, not severe. Minor pull or hairline tear. Still any hit to that area can make the injury worst, but he can play with it if it's wrapped up tight, but its not recommended. He will be extremely limited in what he can do.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...-mike-shanahan
    Last edited by rainierjef; 12-11-2012 at 06:43 AM.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg