+ Reply to Thread

Tom, Eli Spearhead Push For For A Ring For Franchise's Thumb

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...Q7KEu5n4lqJXGI

Excerpt: "The Drive for Five is in overdrive now around the Giants, an insatiable hunger and unquenchable thirst for an historic repeat and One for the Thumb, a prestigious fifth Super Bowl ring.

If there is any team capable of becoming the first to successfully defend its crown since the Patriots in the 2004 season, it is this one.

They have to make the playoffs first, of course, and there are no guarantees they will be able to hold destiny in their hands when the RG3 Redskins, whose phenom rookie quarterback (mild knee ligament sprain) will limp on water if he canít walk on it, suddenly have the look of destinyís darlings, and the Cowboys, stricken with grief over the DUI tragedy that cost practice-squad linebacker Jerry Brown his life, displayed character in the face of adversity and refuse to go away.

Iím aware of the treacherous three-game schedule that confronts the Giants, as well as their well-documented history of second-half collapses under Tom Coughlin on occasions other than Super Bowls XLII and XLVI.

But Iím shoving my chips to the middle of the table ó this team is going to the playoffs.

And donít be surprised if this team is hoisting the Lombardi Trophy again.

WHY THE GIANTS CAN

THE QUARTERBACK
    : Eli Manning has remembered how to throw touchdown passes. He has thrown seven in the past two games, evidence his arm is no longer tired. If big brother Peyton gets the Broncos to the Super Bowl in their hometown of New Orleans, heíd like to join the party. If Mr. Clutch gets hot, he can carry the franchise.

THE COACH
    : If there is a Patton or Churchill quote that Coughlin hasnít used, heíll find it. Living proof that 66 is the new 65. Still driven after all these years. Will not let his team rest. Everyone snickered when Wellington Mara likened him to Lombardi. Thereís only one Lombardi. But Coughlin is the only Giants head coach with a chance to win a third Super Bowl. If there is a reason why complacency has not reared its ugly head, itís him." Read more...
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

I think we can do it..... just need to focus on the Falcons first.

3 game season right now. And we need to go 3-0.

Falcons, Ravens and Eagles. They all taste good on the grill.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    I think we can do it..... just need to focus on the Falcons first.
    +1
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

I actually had a dream last night that NYG won the SB. In my dream I was working during the SB and found out via internet that we won. I started running down the halls screaming like a maniac " WE WON, WE WON....GIANTS WON, REPEAT SB CHAMPIONS"....I was so happy, I didn't want to wake up!

I believe GMEN can do it....one game at a time, but I truly believe they have the talent and heart to do it. LET'S GO GIANTS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurah1275 View Post
    I actually had a dream last night that NYG won the SB. In my dream I was working during the SB and found out via internet that we won. I started running down the halls screaming like a maniac " WE WON, WE WON....GIANTS WON, REPEAT SB CHAMPIONS"....I was so happy, I didn't want to wake up! I believe GMEN can do it....one game at a time, but I truly believe they have the talent and heart to do it. LET'S GO GIANTS!!!!
    So let it be written, so let it be done