+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about NFL teams and use of there Qbs

Veteran

Question about NFL teams and use of there Qbs

With RG3 being hurt are any of you surprised. My question is he is your franchise savior your draft basically and yet he has green light to run around all day and get crushed. How long do you think he will last in the NFL ? I am not saying dont be dynamic and all that. But seriously he will never play an entire season I am predicting kind of like Vick.

take off and run fine but 20 times a game is asking for it. Think your a defensive player out there and he runs all over your team and then you get that chance for a big hit, your going to crunch him. unless your the giants because you will blow him a kiss.

I have watched in games which I couldnt believe, I saw Patriots up by 25 points in the 4th quarter and Brady continue to drop back and pass on 1st and 2nd downs. I said all it takes is 1 harmless hit and there season is over. Not only that but in the same game it was 3rd and 1 with this 25 point lead and guess what the call was ?? QB sneak with Brady ?? can you believe this. There were probably 900 pounds or more on top of him after the play. Also they were in the other teams side of the 50. So you have 25 point lead, 3rd and 1 at around mid field and the call is qb sneak ?? can someone explain this. Why have a rb then.

Also I see this constantly with Rogers and you wonder why he has had so many concussions.

I am not suggesting taking the foot off the pedal by any means but some decisions made by these coaches has me cringing. I am glad we wouldnt put eli in any of these situations.

Anyone else feel this way ? or am I alone on this as usual.

Problem is our own fanbase thinks there are QB tougher than Eli because they are willing to get hit in the ribs just to make one throw downfield.

As for Brady, i'm surprised he's still alive and nobody has made a blalantly late hit on him yet. He's got his tainted rings though and so has Brees. Two stat padding QB that I hope never win a SB ever again.

I understand taking QBs out of the game in case of Injury. The packers did it against us because the game was over and Rogers was getting constantpressure and hits that could jeopardize their season. Most teams pull their starter around the 5/6 minute mark in the 4th Q. I feel until then, it's sort of respect. Something like taking him out at the start of the 4th saying ''We already won, In yo face,''. Maybe I'm explaining wrong but I just feel its something down to that. Because of Bradys stature, he is in the position to make the call or not. We saw with explosive offences, big leads are easily shortened. We were up by 22 points I think and in 3 minutes it was cut to 8. The Texans are an example of an explosive offense so with Brady in, moving the ball itprevented the texans from scoring to cut short the lead. We also kept Eli in late in the 4th Q running plays on 4th down, not once but twice. But like you said OP, it's safe to pull them out incase of a freak play that injures your starting QB

Veteran
    Again I am not saying stop trying to score or move the ball but why Brady is doing a QB sneak in a game which is out of hand and not hand off to rb is beyond me. Even if they didnt get 1 yard they could have went for it again at that point of the field or heck punt it and play defense.
    I know what your saying that you dont let up. Look at Seattle game leading 58 -0 do you have your star qb standing in the pocket looking down field or do you just hand the ball off.

I think GB made a great move taking Rogers out, there was no need to injure him and now they are playing for a bye spot now.

With respect to RG3 do you see him playing 16 games a year like this ? I dont.

Veteran
    I guess I was right about this one !

There's a very solid reason why they drafted Kirk Cousins in the 3rd.

Running QBs don't last in the NFL. Never have, never will. Eventually they have to learn to be passers first.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    With RG3 being hurt are any of you surprised. My question is he is your franchise savior your draft basically and yet he has green light to run around all day and get crushed. How long do you think he will last in the NFL ? I am not saying dont be dynamic and all that. But seriously he will never play an entire season I am predicting kind of like Vick.

take off and run fine but 20 times a game is asking for it. Think your a defensive player out there and he runs all over your team and then you get that chance for a big hit, your going to crunch him. unless your the giants because you will blow him a kiss.

I have watched in games which I couldnt believe, I saw Patriots up by 25 points in the 4th quarter and Brady continue to drop back and pass on 1st and 2nd downs. I said all it takes is 1 harmless hit and there season is over. Not only that but in the same game it was 3rd and 1 with this 25 point lead and guess what the call was ?? QB sneak with Brady ?? can you believe this. There were probably 900 pounds or more on top of him after the play. Also they were in the other teams side of the 50. So you have 25 point lead, 3rd and 1 at around mid field and the call is qb sneak ?? can someone explain this. Why have a rb then.

Also I see this constantly with Rogers and you wonder why he has had so many concussions.

I am not suggesting taking the foot off the pedal by any means but some decisions made by these coaches has me cringing. I am glad we wouldnt put eli in any of these situations.

Anyone else feel this way ? or am I alone on this as usual.
    Im not surprised he got hurt said it was going to happen when he got drafted. Robert Griffin's build those long skinny limbs will get him in trouble, not to mention He already blew out that knee once in college. A lot of people compare his running to Vick but he doesnt run like Vick. He is fast like Vick but he doesnt cut at full speed the same way Vick does. If RG3 will survive in the NFL he will have to run like Rodgers 4-5 carries a game only when its needed. These designed runs and options will get him killed.

+ Reply to Thread