+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tynes Misses

Tynes Misses

I noticed on both of Tynes FG misses, it appeared the snap was slightly off target to the right. I wonder if this is throwing off the timing.

Most likely. Those three guys, Weatherford, Tynes, and DeOssie have been the one constant unit on the team. I don't think it's anything alarming...yet.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Tynes is Tynes.....I've accepted that he's going to miss some easy FGs every now and then, and that he is pretty much ineffective from >50 yards.

He's hitting 87% right now, and from what I understand, 80%+ is considered pretty solid.

I think having Weatherford holding for him has worked well.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 12-11-2012 at 12:37 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Maybe he has a tired leg from having to kick so many FGs?
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Most likely. Those three guys, Weatherford, Tynes, and DeOssie have been the one constant unit on the team. I don't think it's anything alarming...yet.
    DeOssie has been uncharacteristically off the last couple of games.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Tynes is Tynes.....I've accepted that he's going to miss some easy FGs every now and then, and that he is pretty much ineffective from >50 yards.

He's hitting 87% right now, and from what I understand, 80%+ is considered pretty solid.

I think having Weatherford holding for him has worked well.
    +1. I'm a big defender of Tynes. Giants want to draft a young version of Adam Vinateri? Be my guest. Other than that, I'm very happy that we have Tynes as our kicker. Kicked us to two SB's and his FG percentage is good.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    +1. I'm a big defender of Tynes. Giants want to draft a young version of Adam Vinateri? Be my guest. Other than that, I'm very happy that we have Tynes as our kicker. Kicked us to two SB's and his FG percentage is good.
    I used to bash Tynes alot.....but after winning the 2nd Super Bowl, I've just come to accept that the coaching staff knows best on this guy.

I really wish he could hit from 50+..... but 87% is 87%.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

He has proven he is clutch. I do wish he had a stronger leg.

Veteran
    We need a Greg Zuerlein

I actually don't trust em, and just had this debate a week or so ago.. He makes most of the stuff u expect NFL kickers to make, but is not a guy i feel everytime is out there will knock down the kick, and when it gets any kinda deep, u almost feel hes gonna miss, which is a instinct i feel should be the other way, it he was a really good kicker..

Hes solid, but i think we could upgrade, at risk of finding worse though...